what would you include in a "starter" elf kit?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

nicurn92

MHH Member
Sep 25, 2008
I would like to give one of my friends a starter elf kit. her son will be 2 next christmas. I have an elf, a stocking for a sleeping bag, a tree, passport, santa's magic key, random elf craft, cotton balls for snow and a printout of all the mischief ideas for the elves.

what else would you put in it?

maggie

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Crayons and a couple of elf colouring pages. :)

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
www.jeniferdwn.blogspot.com
when I did one for a friend and her son, I added a sleeping bag, journal, glitter/snowflakes, and a note in the journal telling about the elf. I also added a picture of my elves since they are all friends and a picture of the elf I sent, plus one that I have that looks very similar and said they were brothers.

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
bag of magic snow - (chrsitmas shops, £1 shops etc) sealed in a bag that goes in stocking at night, saves having to clean up every day from sprinkling.

letter from santa explaining about the elf and that the child has been choosen to look after it.

maybe a link to other elf blogs/websites etc - so they can see there are others

bag of chocolate coins/elf money

special pen and notebook/journal

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
If you can find it, maybe a little mail box that the elf can leave notes in. But since the child is not at reading age yet, this might not be as important.

nicurn92

MHH Member
Sep 25, 2008
If you can find it, maybe a little mail box that the elf can leave notes in. But since the child is not at reading age yet, this might not be as important.

rofl, I actually have several in my craft stash... (scary)

thanks for all the ideas guys.

maggie

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
if you can get any with long enough date - elf/santa/snowman mini chocs

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Maggie - Not scary...just prepared! Love it that you have things like that in your craft stash!