What You Need to Know about the New Magical Holiday Home

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Jeff Westover

MHH Maintenance Dept.
Staff member
MHH Admin
Sep 7, 2009
Cache Valley, Utah
mymerrychristmas.com
Hello all,

Ready for a crazy week of changes? Here's an update for you of where we stand:

1. We have successfully transferred all membership records and posts to the new framework. From what I can tell, no data was lost or corrupted in this process.

2. The most significant change is to membership levels and capabilities:

- Members who have logged in and been active since November 2019 are now "premiere members" - permanently. This status gives you full access to all site features and personal customizations

- Members who we active and logged in previously to November 2019 are "MHH members". These folks can gain full featured access by purchasing a premiere membership via the account upgrades options in the user control panel.

- Members who had not logged in since June of 2018 have been "retired". We will retain those accounts until we have a chance to reach out to them to see if they want to come back. Those who do not respond will be purged.

3. At this moment, this is the only available "look" to the site. It's just a beginning. We are working on a darker theme, as well as a theme we call "cloaked" that is very business like and designed for the boss looking over your shoulder. We will as well introduce some other holiday themes as we go along.

4. Minta and I will work on some forum reorganization. Some areas will be moved to "Premiere access" only. Other areas will be re-organized or archived.

5. MHH now has a live chat interface. There is a slight learning curve to it but it is very useful for events where you all might want to be online together at the same time to discuss a favorite topic live or even invite a special expert guest.

6. Your personalization options are all accessed by clicking on your name in the upper right.

Feel free to ask questions, point out issues and provide feedback in this thread. Expect a lot more tweaking in the next week. It will take us that long to make the refinements. But for now you can use the forums as usual without fear of loss of data or having to endure additional down time.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Some interesting changes and I like the current theme. Thank you!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Thank you for all the hard work you do.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Thank y'all for all your work.

~Tricia
~

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Thank you!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Wow! What a lovely surprise this morning! Thank you.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Good morning. What a nice looking change! Thanks to you both!

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Looks fabulous! Thank you so much for all of your hard work.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
What a beautiful surprise to wake up to this morning and some very interesting and wonderful new things to explore! I am intrigued by the live chat feature and can't wait until we can use it together!! Thank you for all your hard work and for allowing us to keep our home. :)

I notice that I am not a "Premiere Member" under my name although I have been active here everyday since 2007. Is that a glitch that needs to be fixed? I noticed a few other members also that have been active for many years that also say "MHH Member" that have been here for the long haul.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
What a beautiful surprise to wake up to this morning and some very interesting and wonderful new things to explore! I am intrigued by the live chat feature and can't wait until we can use it together!! Thank you for all your hard work and for allowing us to keep our home. :)
I know! Wouldn't it be fun to have a Book Club discussion for a Christmas in July book?

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I know! Wouldn't it be fun to have a Book Club discussion for a Christmas in July book?

Oh yes! That would be amazing! Or someone to teach a craft or a movie discussion.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ

I notice that I am not a "Premiere Member" under my name although I have been active here everyday since 2007. Is that a glitch that needs to be fixed? I noticed a few other members also that have been active for many years that also say "MHH Member" that have been here for the long haul.

It has been fixed

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Thanks Minta!! You are the best!

Reactions: PamelaG

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Thank you for the new look MHH and all the hard work it took to get here. I think it is fabulous and am excited to explore.

Last edited:

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Looks good from what I see so far. I'll be exploring for sure.