What's cooking? Tuesday, 11-17-09

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
What's cooking at your house today?

We're having Meatball Hoagies (ds's favorite!) and Oven Fries. I use Rachel Ray's Recipe and they are "YUM-O"!

How about you?

Blessings,
Lisa

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
We're having beef stew and biscuits.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Tonight I am making Cheesy Zuchinni Turkey Bake:

1lb ground turkey
½ cup finely chopped onion
Garlic Powder
1 can mushrooms (or 1 package fresh)
2 cups shredded zuchinni
1 pint spaghetti sauce
2 cups shredded cheese
Cooked Rice or Desired Pasta

Preheat to 350
Cook onion and mushrooms in a little olive oil – add ground turkey and garlic powder and cook until browned. Drain off most of fat/oil. Set meat mixture aside. Saute shredded zuchinni in same pan until it starts to brown.

Mix with meat mixture, 1 cup cheese, spaghetti sauce and extra Italian seasoning (if desired). Put in casserole dish and cover with remaining cheese. Cook 20 minutes or until warmed through.

Serve over rice or pasta.

I'm not telling DH about the zuchinni - we'll see if he notices! :) LOL

Also tonight I plan to make a WW recipe for Butterscotch Bars I've always wanted to try - I think they would be good snacks for DH to take in his lunch.

mommyby3

Retire Member
Oct 24, 2007
Beautiful North Carolina
We are having BBQ chicken breast, scalloped potatoes, and green beans. Quick and easy:)

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I bought a smoked turkey breast to try before our family gathering this weekend. If we like it, I'll get one for Saturday. So tonight we're having smoked turkey breast, mashed potatoes, green beans, salad and yeast rolls. Trial run mini-Thanksgiving!

thechristmasnut

Retire Member
Jun 30, 2008
Columbus, Ohio
Todays my youngest sons bday hes the big 3 today... Not sure what we'll have tonight Might grill out some hamburgers and make some oven fries... and there will be Homemade mac and cheese for sure since its his favorite food...LOL

dancingelf

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
West Virginia
I had planned to make Pepperoni Roll Monkey Bread and salad tonight, but DH is out of town and 2 out of 3 children have activities. That leaves me to do the running so I'm not sure WHAT we'll eat.

Thank you for this daily thread, btw. I seem to make the same dinners over and over. Seeing what everyone else is making really snaps me out of the doldrums!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Adrienne- I sat down one day and looked through several of my cookbooks, marking recipes that we might actually eat. Then I made a list on a sheet of paper and whenever I want to try something new or change it up a bit I consult my list for a new idea.

iluv2scrap

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Michigan
www.facebook.com
What's cooking at your house today?

We're having Meatball Hoagies (ds's favorite!) and Oven Fries. I use Rachel Ray's Recipe and they are "YUM-O"!

How about you?

Blessings,
Lisa

Lisa, do you use some type of sauce for your hoagies? Meatball hoagies sound good.

Yesterday we had a super easy dinner. Fish sticks, green beans and mashed potatoes. :)