What's crafting for 2022?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Time to make a list of what I would like to achieve in 2022.
Crafting in 2021 was a bit of a challenge and did not get a lot done. I am hoping that this will change a bit in 2022. What I did learn though is things can change so quickly and disrupt even the best laid plans.

Air clay trinket dishes for Mum ( )** This has been on the list for the past few years.
Embroidery hoop name ornaments for all of us ( )
Framed family picture for me ( )
Kitchen teatowels x2 (X)
Beaded snowmen (X) Family groups
Shower melts for Mum and DD and DSIL (X)
Make up remover scrubbies for DD ( )
Lip scrub for DD ( )
Curtains for the farm (X)
Rag rug ( )
Father's Day gift for DH (x)
Knitted teddy bear (X)
Baby bibs (X)
Look for and finish those UFOs that are lurking ( )

Last edited:

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I’ve been working on a list the last few weeks. I’m not planning to make gifts this year. I have plenty of projects to keep me busy. I’m going to try not to buy fabric this year (yes, I say this every year). Will see how long that last!

Ornament girl ornaments- working on the back log of kits. I’m going to finish them first.
Ornaments for the Christmas in July exchange. -Already proving to be a challenge. I’m having a hard time finding part of what I need.
Quilts- One to quilt, a top to finish that I started earlier this year. I still have fabric pulled for 4 more and a bin of old clothes to make another.
Wallets- fabric cut to make 2 wallets to match the purses I made this summer.
Work on my skills on my new industrial machine and my serger.
Not crafting but my room needs a major cleaning and sorting.
Im sure I’ll be adding more to the list into the new year.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Not crafting but my room needs a major cleaning and sorting.
Same here Amelia. My craft room doubles as the Christmas room so at the moment it is a real mess. One of the first things on my to do list is to tidy it up.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I do not have the patience for big projects. It's something that has to be done in a sitting or it can be done in multiple sittings if it can be cleaned up after 30 minutes tops. All crafting gets done on the family room floor or the dining room table if no one is doing homework or eating there.

I have seen some gift wrapping projects that can be done in a sitting (or multiple sittings). I'd like to try my hand at that this year. I have the supplies sitting in a craft basket from the fall that I was going to do in September, October and November for this Christmas. However, due to the flooding in September, planning a birthday party and then the death of my nephew, I never had the time to do these things. But if I start now, something should be able to get done. LOL! :D ;)
  • Make paper snowflakes.
  • Decorate coffee cans/oatmeal cylinders.
  • Cut strips of material for tying to brown handled gift bags.
  • Make bows for brown handled gift bags.
  • Make icicle branches.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
At some point I'll be making a stocking for the new baby!

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Perhaps I can finish some UFO's and gift them in 2022!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I have a master planning list with all the family birthdays, anniversaries and the various holidays. I update it yearly with fresh ideas. Some of my best ideas, though, seem to be last-minute inspirations.

We don't have any birthdays or events in January, so it's a great month to continue the Christmas spirit and complete any craft ideas that were too late for the previous Christmas. So far, I have some WIP 2022 Christmas cards to work on and an idea for some small treat bags for the grandchildren (and maybe others). Of course, I also need to look ahead to Valentine's Day,

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Plans at the moment is to kept my Christmas gift crafting to a limit.
Hat/scarf set
knitted headband
nightgown—done
cards

Easter
dress for DGD-done
cards

Birthdays
cards
top for DGD—done

Have DH sweater to finish that was to be his gift this pass Christmas but due to a injury I wasn’t able to get it finished and as it turned out when I had him try what I did have knitted it was too big— guess it was a blessing in disguise.

I have a pair of felted mittens I want to make for me and a couple more quilt tops I would like to get done.

Other—monthly cards for some church ladies.

Last edited:

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I feel like I haven’t done much but I guess I have.
Ornament girl kits are all done. I finished the back log and I am doing the monthly kits as they come.
CIJ ornaments are done. They are wrapped and I have a box to ship them. Just need to fill out the tags.
one Easter quilt top is done. Starting another.
Made 2 quilted pistol bags for my son and some for DH.
Cleaned, sorted and purged my sewing room.
Practicing on my industrial machine.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Amelia - I am curious as to what these are and what they look like.
They sell them in the stores I guess. DH created patterns for the sizes he wanted. I made a “quilt sandwich” , quilted them added the Velcro and binding.

Attachments

• D2AD021B-C109-4C0C-A896-5E0520A6B8F9.jpeg
    D2AD021B-C109-4C0C-A896-5E0520A6B8F9.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 6
  • 1E30EF68-1CAF-4748-AD87-85E0C8046EC6.jpeg
    1E30EF68-1CAF-4748-AD87-85E0C8046EC6.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 6

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Pulled a few things out today. Will work on some items over the next few weeks

SmackDabFarmGirl

MHH Member
Jun 21, 2022
Georgia
Knitting is always an ongoing thing for me. I just finished a baby blanket for a coworker, though the end product seemed a bit small to me. I've got another one planned but not started yet.

Always on my list is a scrapbook/ photo album for my "gifted" daughter (adopted) so she has some memories from my family, and a family tree poster for an uncle who doesn't know any further back than his great grandparents (it was only grandparents when I started). I keep on my list Harry Potter initial sweaters for my grandsons (like the ones Mrs. Weasley made for Christmas in the first book/movie) bc the boys love the books and movies, but I've been unable to find reasonably priced plain pullovers. Also on my wish to do list is felted ornaments/ magnets of my aunt's favorite kitties, and paper quilled snowflakes.

There's so much I want to do, but so little time, mostly thanks to my overnight shift job... but my pinterst boards keep growing!