When do you start decorating?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

auntieclaus

Retire Member
Aug 21, 2008
As soon as the Thanksgiving dishes are done and put away. We will go to a local tree farm the next day to cut down our tree!

I've been posting some other seasonal fun on my blog. Check it out!

LovingChristmas

Retire Member
Nov 5, 2007
South New Jersey
It has always been the family tradition to decorate the evening of Black Friday - after all of our shopping is complete.

This year will be a tad bit different. I started a new job a few months ago so will have to come into work. But you better believe the minute I get home I will be unloading the decor - then again, who knows! Maybe I can get DH to get them down and started the weekend before. ;)

purplecrush

Premiere Member
Usually, Ive already decorated by Nov 1..but this year, ive had that horrible bug thats been going around and am finally getting better, so I put it off (not even remembering about decorating early*gasp* I know!) So will probably start decorating this weekend. I got rid of our fake trees last year (sadly) so we will have real trees this year. This is the first time we will have a real tree and Im clueless LOL..how long before Christmas can I get one? Im so used to fake trees, im kinda starting to freak out about having a real one!

rjsmum

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
North Carolina
We get our real tree around the first of December. We take it down right before the New Year.We are very dilligent about keeping it wet. So, if you keep it up thru the 12 days, you might want to wait a little longer.

thood

MHH Member
Oct 18, 2007
I love coming here and knowing I'm not the only one who starts decorating the first of November. We do save the big main tree for last and put it up over Thanksgiving Holidays. I live in the south and it is still pretty warm here so we do wait until after Thanksgiving to put up/turn on the outside decorations.