Where do I put the snow?????

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
The Nor'easter hit and I don't know where to put the snow! I shoveled four times yesterday. Plus my nephew and his step brother also shoveled once!!!
Looking out there today, you wouldn't know that it had been shoveled at all.
DH's job involves plowing, so he can't be around during these big storms and it's up to me. His boss will let him bring the truck with the plow home, so he'll clear out our driveway, but in the mean time, I'll have fun trying to get out it to go to work.
:globe:
Out my window I see flashing red lights, it looks as though someone went off the road.
Wish me luck!!!!!

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Be careful out there today lolwlias and wrap up good.

Lucky for Maryland, we didn't get hit with the Noreaster as forcasted by the weather people. We were expecting to get freezing rain and sleet. The temps only got down to 42 degrees so all we got was rain. I was glad because our company Christmas party was Saturday night. The winds did pick up after the rain stopped Sunday. I could hear the wind whistling through the vents in the bathroom and kitchen. The winds are supposed to die down by this afternoon.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Gee, I'm in Wisconsin, a place known for lots of snow. The last few years all our snow had ended up out east. I like sharing.

Thanks Aggy for the update on the weather in Baltimore area. I have a brother just south of there in MD. I was wondering if they were snowed in.

When we lived on the farm I purchased a tractor just for me to mow and to move snow. I loved to move snow with my front end loader. Now that we are in town and have sold my tractor, I don't do snow. It's fun to shovel snow, the first time. After that it gets to be work.

Lolwlias, At least you are trying to keep ahead of the snow. My dh waits until all the snow has fallen to start to shovel. Then he wonders why those huge drifts are so deep. Good luck.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
We didn't get anything but a foot of snow out of the storm. Hmm we can get that in an hour with lake effect. Weather men were excited about this storm that never really hit us.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
We had quite a bit of snow...but its melted now...just soggy ground!!!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
We've been in Upper Michigan for a week and they had at least 10 inches when we got there last Thursday. It snowed several times while we were there as well. I love the snow!! Now we're home in Missouri and have nothing. They did while we were gone but it's melted now. They are calling for snow tomorrow and tomorrow night but we'll see. Even if we do get it, it will melt by Christmas.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
It snowed another 5-6 inches since yesterday. We now have three foot drifts around the yard. I've been trying to catch a snowplow guy when he's doing some of the neighbor's drive ways but haven't been fast enough. I'd like them to plow our driveway before dh gets home as a surprise.