Where is everyone?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
I'm down in the dumps today and I need a "pick-me-up" so this is where I came!!!
Has this part of the board ended?

Christysue

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Still here, just busy I guess. I know I am. Sorrry you are down. :grouphug: Hope your day gets better!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
We are still here! :pink:

Celebrate Me is a year round forum but just like with everything else in life there is a ebb and flow depending on schedules etc. I hope you get to feeling better. Remember that when you are down it is perfectly okay to do something extra nice for yourself. Make your favorite meal, watch a favorite movie (as long as its a comedy or something uplifting) dress in your favorite comfortable clothes and do something you enjoy doing!!!

The most important thing is to remind yourself that the mood will pass. Feelings come and go just like the weather. Try to focus on the positive and you will weather this storm!!!

Pippi

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Tall Corn state
If you see someone without a smile...give them one of your's!

You'll be surprised how this will lift your mood...& probably, most definitely.....their's!
;-) Chin Up, sweetie!

Pippi

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Hi Lolwilas, Hi Everybody!!!! Thank you for this thread! You did good, Lolwilas, by opening this up for conversation! I don't like being down in the dumps either. (Sometimes fixing my favorite meal means buying TV dinners so somebody else cooks for me that day!) But remember - today IS RUDY DAY! This is a day to celebrate together in our hearts. The year is one fourth over! (The bad one fourth, in my opinion, - winter.) I intend to play with some Christmas things today. Like - looking at Christmas cards and wrapping paper. Happy Rudy Day, everyone.
:sleigh:

Pippi

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Tall Corn state
Lolwlias....

I just noticed that your "word" for this year is: PERSEVERE

It might help you to reflect on that word and it's meaning for a few minutes. It's worth a shot!

Pippi

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
We are all hear to listen to what's bothering you! Let us know, we are behind you 100% so you know you are never alone! PM us if you don't want to post to the board!

jingle-jo

Retire Member
Feb 13, 2008
Staffordshire, UK
Hi Lolwlias, I don't know about you but reading everyone's messages makes me realise that I am so glad I stumbled across these boards, which are full of kind and considerate people with similar interests to us from all over the world. They certainly bring a smile to my face and give me fantastic ideas every day of the year. I hope you had a great day in the end!
bunnylove

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
Re: Where is everyone? (Update)

My 2yo granddaughter was diagnosed with Kawasaki Disease.
She's doing okay. The swelling in her feet has gone down and she can walk again and the fever has gone down. She's on aspirin therapy for the next 8 weeks to prevent a heart attack and she goes back for another echocardiogram then.
My ds and his wife had been over at Vermont Children's Hospital with her and I was taking care of their 4yo.
I'd originally posted my bad day because things between dh and I were kind of crappy at the time...and we are working things out.
Thanks for the care and concern.
You guys are great!!!!

Dreamer

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Lawton, Oklahoma
Lolwlias, sorry to hear about your granddaughter. I hope she'll be ok!

Glad to hear that you and your DH are working things out.

Remember we're always hear to listen and support each other :grouphug:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Lowlias, how terrifying your granddaughters' illness must have been. I had never heard of Kawasakis' Disease and I became anxious about it -- so I quickly looked it up. (The website I read said it is very rare and doctors don't know what causes it. And that it was named for the Japanese doctor who identified it as a rare childhood disease.) And the site did say that it usually resolves itself without serious complications.

Of course, "usually" isn't much help when it is a child you love who has it! Thank goodness she is receiving care from a Childrens' Hospital, which can provide expert follow-up care.

And thank goodness you went to take care of the 4-year old. What a blessing you are to that family!!!

Continued prayers and love to you and your husband, and the entire extended family!! From -- OUR entire extended family here at Magical Holiday Home. Dreamer is so right -- we are always here to listen and to support each other! And -- we all need it!! :cloudnine:

(And another wave of gratitude to Gingerbug and the mods who create this space for our extended family!)

Lowlias, I hope everything works out with your grandaughter. That must of been quite a day for you. I am sure you wanted to be with your son and grandaughter.

Husbands!!!!! what can I say....I hope you continue to work it out. It takes a lot of work to make a marriage and if one person doesn't do their share then look out....trouble in Paradise........ My husband is in bed sick today so I am playing nursemaid. LOL

God Bless!

mammaduke

Retire Member
Jan 19, 2008
Rochester,NY
I am so sorry to hear about your granddaughter, I hope she gets better soon.
I hope everything also goes well with you & D/H, I know it's hard on a marriage, just glad to haer you are working it out.
I agree with Ginger have a day to yourself, make a hot bubble bath, listen to favorite music, sit down with a good book,, wrapped in a snuggy blanket, & relax.