White Christmas Open House

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

creativemom

Retire Member
Jan 9, 2008
Thought I would get a REAL head start this year and start planning a White Christmas Open House for next year. I have a large snowman that holds wassail or hot chocolate, some snowmen mugs, snowmen salt/pepper shakers etc. so they'll fit right into the them. I also have lots of beaded snowflakes made. What ideas do you all have?

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
In "Holiday Cooking", Terrylee5151 posted a great link to some snowmen-themed foods!
I'd go all-white: white tablecloth, napkins, dishes, maybe with touches of silver. Serve white hot cocoa (with plenty of whipped cream and marshmallows!), white grape juice, white wine. Have desserts with meringue toppings, cookies sprinkled with powdered sugar and edible clear glitter, divinity (yum!).

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Love the theme....I'm looking forward to reading everyone's ideas!

MissyToes

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Take a peek at familyfun.com and look under snowmen. They had a snowman doughnut dessert that was cute! :bigsnow:

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
Oh, momof9 posted a recipe in the 'family game night' thread in this same forum that you've GOT to use! It's a snowman shaped cheese ball from the Betty Crocker website!! It looks easy and it's very cute!

deniseindevon

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
devon, england
glass jars filled with tea lights look so pretty and look lovely lighting a path instead of lumenieres(which also look lovely though)

i brought some lovely snow flakes on a string this year. it was one long continuos string and went up and down the entrance hall. i got them off of ebay quite cheaply the snowflakes were silver and blue. looked nice

id say go for white table linen and (if its safe) lots of candles and silver

Basket

Retire Member
Dec 25, 2007
Northern Germany
deniseindevon said:
glass jars filled with tea lights look so pretty and look lovely lighting a path instead of lumenieres(which also look lovely though)...

I´ve used this on the Christmas table with some artificial snow in it and a collar cranberries around the tea light.

Because it is still snowing in my neck of the woods, I have on my table a white tablecloth with silver going through. I don't know what the material is called but it is furry like and looks like snow and the silver makes it look frosty ( I got the material at Joanns). I also have two pedastool bowls filled with christmas balls that look like snowballs. In between the two bowls I have a cute snowman. I placed plastic snowflakes all over the table.
Instead of burning wood in my fireplace I have white candles burning.

I told my husband this is the day for the snow theme because Valentines day is comming up......don't you know it SNOWED AGAIN last night!!!!! Oh well I am changing it anyway.

I am going to take some of your ideas plus the ones you received from everyone else. Next year when I do my snow theme again it will be much nicer.

Here is a link I found for some ideas I am going to use
http://www.party411.com/holiday-christmasthemes6.html