Why am I getting knocked off???

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

ChristmasRose

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Almost at the end of my rope
This is the second time this week that I've written a long reply, hit the submit button, and it says that I'm not logged in!! I had just written 2 or 3 other replies, and I KNOW I didn't sign off! It's doubly irritating because the post I just wrote disappears, and I can't get it back. Can anyone tell me what's going on? Thanks.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
ChristmasRose-

This has happened to me too. I think (Ginger will know more than me) that we are logged out after a certain time period.

I've noticed too, though- that if you go right to the log in link (in the message that appears when you try to submit your post) you can log in and then it allows you to get back to your message- which it will then let you post.

Previously, I was going up to the log in button in the upper right hand side of the screen. When you do that, your post is not saved.

Annie

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I've had the same problem. I've also had to log in twice in a row to get in the past week or so.

qltmrkt

Premiere Member
Me, too. I think it is the time period thing. Sometimes I will be logged in but get called away to do something and when I get back, I am logged off. Kind of like having a auto-off iron when you quilt! Can be a real pain sometimes.

jinglemom

Retire Member
Oct 16, 2007
This happens to me too. I as well think it is a time issue. What I sometimes do is highlight my post, then right click the button on the mouse to copy my post into its memory. That way if my post disappears, I can just paste my post again instead of starting all over.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I haven't experienced that yet but like jinglemom I started copying my text in case I mistakenly click on something whick takes me to another page (happens to me a lot). That way when I go to repost I can just paste.

appleton

MHH Member
Nov 7, 2007
I'm having the same problem & notice it maybe 2 weeks ago as well. However, today it happen maybe within an hour of logging into MHH. I'm also copying my post to save it before I post just in case (when I remember). I have noticed if I get the log in screen, I can use the back button to get back to my post & copy it, then log in, find the post & paste mine to it without losing it. Hope that makes sense.

Jeff Westover

MHH Maintenance Dept.
Staff member
MHH Admin
Sep 7, 2009
Cache Valley, Utah
mymerrychristmas.com
Hi all,

I have made some adjustments to the backend that hopefully will help with this issue.

However, settings on your own computer can affect things, too.

Make sure that your security settings allow for "cookies" to be set and retained. This can be set in either your Internet Options on your browser or via your anti-virus software.

Some antivirus or security programs wipe out cookies and session data whenever you close the browser. Others might do it weekly or monthly. Every time that happens you will likely have login issues here.

Jeff