Will You Try Jumpstart January In 2009?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Will you try to do Jumpstart January in 2009?

It is comforting to me to know that it will be there, if we need it. I know now that I will not have completed my declutering/organizing before Christmas preparations/celebrations begin. So it is comforting to me to know there will be group support during the dark days of January and February!!! Hurray for group support!!!! :applause:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Jumpstart January is one of Gingerbug's creations, isn't it? It is a plan that allows the first couple of weeks in January for packing away Christmas decorations. Then, I think it is one week per room. Sort of a start the New Year fresh kind of thing. It is especially good for those January days when all the money seems to have been spent on the holidays - and this is a very satisfying use of your time.

I find it reassuring - if you don't get everything done before Christmas, you can rest assured that another chance is coming up soon.

BamaMom

Retire Member
Sep 13, 2008
Anniston, AL
www.slumberpartiesbytif.com
oh okay, thank you so much. I am definitely going to try it then, I need someone to keep me on task when it comes to things like that. I get sidetracked too easy. I love being organized and doing a list!

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
I KNOW my decluttering and organizing won't be done before the holiday fun starts..so I will be
there with y'all in January! :grouphug:

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
I'm in!!! That actually makes me feel a little better since I've not been able to do anything on the HGP for the last couple of weeks.

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
I took part in JJ last year and found it invaluable. Everyone is down after all of the Holiday exitement and I found it gave me something to focus on and get everything organised as well. I will definately be joining in again!

:flower:

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I'm in hopefully. I have been having trouble with my heart and blood pressure - going to cardiologist tomorrow. Normally I'm healthy as a horse so this really scares me :help: . I've not gotten much done on holiday grand plan in the last two weeks - constantly at doctor's office or emergency room. :thud:
Hopefully, I'll be straightend out and good as new by January!!
2009 is going to be my major declutter and organize year. My DD (12) is finally outgrowing toys and growing toward more "girlie" stuff (bittersweet). My other DD (16) has already gone through this stage and it really made keeping her room clean easier.
See ya'll then!! :jack:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Miss Jane - it is nice to have something like this to look forward to, isn't it? Especially with all our friends her at MHH!

Of course, it looks as if real life is going on with you right now. Take good care of yourself! (I know that is easier said than done. It is easier to take care of our family, than it is to take care of ourselves.)

elli

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2008
edison, nj
It's elli, and I am totally in, I'm such a cleaning person this would be a blessing to me to have virual support, thanks ladies!

rockin_granola

Retire Member
Dec 27, 2007
Go Colts!
www.rockingranola.com
I'm IN! so looking forward to it and, well, counting on it actually as there is some holiday prep going on around here but not a whole lotta cleaning at my house ....

Looking forward to JJ 2010!

Best Wishes,

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I'll be watching and joining in as possible - but January is getting down to the wire on the baby getting here.

I will definitely be participating in the organizing and storing of holiday decorations, etc.

And I'm sure the house will stand in need of catch up in certain areas following the holidays.

Jan 29th DH is having surgery which will leave his arm in a sling for 5 weeks. I'm due Feb 6th.

I really, really hope I can manage to have a fairly neat home and a freezer well stocked with meals or meal starters before the end of Jan arrives.

:)