Winter decor

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I liked this idea from Pinterest. I did a photo display for Christmas in a kitchen frame I had but I like this one even better (with non-Christmas photos)

984cb3e5a8f29b6bebfabe3fd705ce15.jpg

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Cozy Winter Living Room Decor! The perfect transition after Christmas! - Wilshire Collections

I do love the fuzzy stems!
Cozy-Winter-Living-Room-decor-fireplace-basket-with-birch-logs-and-cotton-768x1024.jpg

And her list of ideas:

Some of things in her cozy winter living room :​

• Trees! Not the kind with ornaments and ribbon, just simple trees. Flocked or green, I like them both!
  • Birch logs and anything birch! Basically give me all the birch!
  • Cotton! Cotton is a great to add in with any winter greens you may be using. I’ve always loved it in the Winter months.
  • Greenery! Any type of wintery looking greens will do!
  • Pillows and throws are a must for EVERY season!
  • Baskets and buckets filled with some of things mentioned above!

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Snowflake and snowmen decor will remain out until the end of January. I will switch my runners on the buffet and TV stand and my end table coverings to blues and creams (most have snowflake patterns), and all candles will go back to those colors. My next holiday to decorate will be St. Patrick's Day.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Winter here is June, July and August, we get cold, often below freezing but rarely any snow. I love decorating with cushions and throws and making the home as warm and cozy as can be.
Lucie, I love the photo display

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I saw a few things I liked last week at the store, but didn't buy it. I am THINKING. ... so I have convinced myself if they still have them when we go get dh's glasses, I will buy them and decorate my 'office'. will post pics of what I pick up.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Makes me think it would be a good time for me to bring the buffalo plaid in and have an excuse. I love traditional colors to much and have many vintage pieces of decor to go "winter" and "buffalo plaid" during christmas, but I could afterwards. I guess I never thought of that before really. I'm redoing the colors in my living room to more neutrals, so I can do just that, switch out decor seasonally more.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Thanks for sharing those links. I love what they did! The one designer only uses red at Christmas. It's so interesting to read that because I have love having some form of red and navy blue in my year round color palette. Spring is the only time when I tone it down and go with pink and pale blue.

For winter, I've brought some fresh greenery into the house and put them in vases and old bottles. Pinecones and white candles in all kinds of jars are throughout the house. White string lights are on the fireplace mantle. I kept the artificial greenery up from Christmas but without the decorations: Wreaths, garlands of holly, poinsettias, small artificial trees. I have winterberry plates and holly plates that we use too. I do have tons of snowflakes from my auction decorating days. My dds have asked to take some to school so after they pick which ones they want, I will put some in our front window. Now if only we'd get some real snowflakes...

Reactions: Ahorsesoul