Winter fun day party ideas needed

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I am room mom for DS9's all boys 4th gr class. They have one boy that does not do any celebrations so the wanted to be sure he can attend. So we are not doing Christmas party and can not do traditional Christmas type crafts or activites. I am at a loss at to what to do. Any ideas?

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Might be to late to find a weather person to teach about winter weather.
Would be fun to have some of the instant snow for them to watch.
http://www.stevespanglerscience.com/product/instant-snow

Serve snow cones and make winter car survival kits.

Games
Snowball Relay Race

Supplies: Styrofoam ball for each team Pencil for each team

How To Play: Divide into teams. First child on each team will be given a styrofoam ball (snowball) and a pencil. On your mark they are to bend over, place the ball on the floor, and push the ball with the pencil across the room, around an obstacle, and back to next child on team. First team to finish wins.

Snowball Making

Supplies: Large sheets of tissue paper, one for every child Bucket for each team

How To Play: Divide the children into two teams. The first person on each team gets a piece of tissue paper and crumples it into a ball using one hand (this keeps them soft). Child then places the snowball in the bucket. The next child repeats the first childÃ*s actions and the process continues until the team has all their snowballs made. Follow this game with a Snowball Throw.

Snowball Throw

Supplies: A line drawn or taped on the floor

How To Play: Set a time for 2-3 minutes. Yell, "GO"! Each team throws their tissue paper snowballs back and forth across the lines. When the timer goes off, the team with the least amount of snowballs on their side wins.

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
Do you actually have snow where you are or is it just cold?

DO you want educational or just fun?

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Is the boy a Jehovah's witness? Just wondering...I've had JW's before and they were allowed to learn about traditions and such, just not celebrate them. What if you did something with trains? Or you could do a snow theme...do you have snow? They could design and build snowmen (even with styrofoam balls), cut snowflakes, make snowcones, make snow crystals: http://www.kinderart.com/across/snow.shtml

Or Gingerbread....design houses, build them using graham crackers and candies (I have pics on my school website of the kids doing it in my room http://www.mrsdryzal.com/welcometoourclassroom.html They could eat gingerbread, dos a survey whether they like it or not and graph the results.

Let me keep thinking....

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Lisa- I am assuming he is but didn't ask the teacher. We found a cute craft using the clear glass Christmas bulbs and making them into a snowman. thanks for the ideas.
They are doing gingerbread houses this week while they learn about circuts making them light up.