Wise Words for the 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
MMM Dierdra. That is a great word.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I've been pondering my word. Usually it's evident by now.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I had one that came to me and I thought I wrote it down somewhere. I'll have to look for it because now I can't remember it, go figure.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mine came to me a few weeks back. My word for 2021 will be IMPROVE.
I need to Improve my relationships, my health, how my home is run and how I spend my time. Not huge changes, just a little room for improvement.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
I need to improve as well but I think I'm going to pick ADAPT - make (something) suitable for a new use or purpose; modify. That pretty much applies to all aspects of my life.

I'm also kicking off a NO SPEND for January - food and gas only. Let's hope that goes better than Getting in Shape for Christmas 2020 :eek: - that was a colossal fail for me - no will power, no motivation, once I found out Vic wasn't coming home for Christmas, it was 100% comfort food.

UPDATE: Can you believe it? ADAPT was my word for 2020! Guess that didn't go too well. Back to the drawing board.

homemade4me

MHH Member
Jun 30, 2020
San Diego County
I need to improve as well but I think I'm going to pick ADAPT - make (something) suitable for a new use or purpose; modify. That pretty much applies to all aspects of my life.

I'm also kicking off a NO SPEND for January - food and gas only. Let's hope that goes better than Getting in Shape for Christmas 2020 :eek: - that was a colossal fail for me - no will power, no motivation, once I found out Vic wasn't coming home for Christmas, it was 100% comfort food.

UPDATE: Can you believe it? ADAPT was my word for 2020! Guess that didn't go too well. Back to the drawing board.
I like that word also Pamela, I remember years ago seeing a psychologist on Larry King who said "The definition of intelligence is the ability to adapt"

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Well, 2020 was REDISCOVER. Who knew when I picked that at the beginning of the year ....

I believed I rediscovered a little about myself. I, like everyone else, persevered a difficult time (and we are still). I will be winding down a season in my life in the next 7 months as I will be done homeschooling because DS17 will graduate. So, what is next for me? I don't know. Believing the Lord will show me when it's time.

2020 has shown me that I can be "resourceful". So, that is my 2021 Word.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I have been kicking round words like organized, improve, focused but I need to be all 3 and I have slacked off this past year. I settled on "Efficient" as I need to more efficient in being organized, in decluttering, in focusing on the tasks at hand.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I've been thinking along the lines of do, produce, execute. I have some ideas that I just need to do. I've taken those ideas and "proceeded" with them this year. Some just haven't been done because of my perfectionism, which is an ongoing battle with me. I looked up some of those words in a thesaurus and found the word that I think works best for my intention - Fulfill. I want to fulfill some of my own small, personal goals in 2021.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Some great words here. I look forward to following you all on your journey through 2021

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I'm still thinking. I can't, for the life of me, remember the word I came up with months ago and can't find where I wrote it down (if I even did).

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Jess I have done that before.

2020 was Bloom where you are planted. Interesting choice since I was planted at home :p but it was about growth where I am.
My friend who I introduced the word idea to years ago asked me about this today and I had not really thought about it.
Today moving/movement came to mind but I'm looking for the right version or phrase. Its about moving more physical, DH and I want to move so make strides towards that happening, get moving to get things done (vs sitting on my phone when I know things to be done in thw house) move emotionally closer to God and friends/family.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Conscientious (of a person) wishing to do what is right, especially to do one's work or duty well and thoroughly.
I don't want to be so lack in my days. I want to be more productive in what I have to do and what I choose to do. I need to pay closer attention to my diet, physical activity, my home, my church, and personal relationships.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Jody, I so love your word, I need to Improve a little in all aspects of my life.

Reactions: jampss

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I thought about a few last night. I'm not sure which one i'll go with. I may even change my word quarterly depending on where my life is and if I feel my chosen word still fits. I read something last night that said we aren't tied to the words that we choose, meaning we aren't forced to stick with it. If they need to change, then change them! If you want to choose more than one, do so! Then I got to thinking, there are no rules here, if there are they are just rules we have imposed on ourselves. With all of that being said, I have not yet decided how i'm going to approach 2021 with my Word (or Words) for the Year, but here are ones that stood out to me:

Align my goals and actions so that I can be successful in my new endeavors of teaching and searching for a job; building a new life outside of the military (which I really don't know how to do); finding my own identity after 20+ years.
Embrace what we have and who we are surrounded with every single day and don't take it for granted.
Flourish whereever we land with the direction our lives are going in whatever circumstance.
Hope for the New Year in that it will bring better days and a brighter future. Hope that everything will be as it should and is meant to be. (There's so much more here)
Reclaim the parts of myself that I feel have been lost (this goes deep)

All of these stood out to me for one reason or another. I may choose them all and utilize them in different ways or areas of my life. Again, there are no rules except those we impose on ourselves, so why the heck not?