Word of the Year 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
MissJane, Certainly a good one for your year.

Reactions: missjane

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
As we wind down towards the end of 2020 I will take time to reflect on how I went with my word of the year. My word was appreciate and when I picked it I had no idea of what 2020 would present us. I do appreciate the love and support from you all here, I appreciate that for the most part we got through 2020 still employed, in good health and surrounded by a loving family.
I am not sure what 2021 will be like for us, DH and I have become empty nesters so a lot of changes ahead.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
My word for 2020 was Proceed. And at times when it seemed like all stopped in the world, I had to proceed to live daily. I had to proceed to move forward with celebrating milestones even in the pandemic. It just had to look different. I think it was a good word for me.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Christmas 2020 was a difficult one, to say the least, and it was not because of me or something I did, but with other loved ones. It was a learning experience, being a mom, for sure.. Because of all that transpired, I've decided that my word for 2021 (my FIRST ever word of the year) will be PRESENT, as in be present in the moment -- pay attention to what is going on around you, listen to what others are saying, listen to hear not to respond . . . So much misunderstanding could be avoided if we just set the iPhones down and truly listened and heard what others were communicating. Perhaps I can be a better role model of this and learn something, too.