Wrapping Parties- 2013

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
The goal of the wrapping parties is to have no wrapping to do the week of Christmas! Even if you have nothing to wrap- you can plan, strategize, come up with a theme of colors, or simply join in the fun!

Here are the dates for 2013:

Saturday, August 3rd- Wrap up Christmas in July treasures.

Saturday, September 28th- Christmas seems a long way off, but it isn't!

Saturday, October 19th- Time is ticking by!

Sunday, November 3rd- Think about Christmas Eve- you Don't want to be wrapping!

Monday, November 11th- A bonus day off for some! A great time to wrap!

Saturday, November 30th-
Sunday, December 1st-
Hope you scored a lot of Black Friday deals to wrap up!

Saturday, December 7th-
Sunday, December 8th-
The gift closest must be filled pretty good now!

Saturday, December 14th- Time is running out!

Saturday, December 21st- Goal Complete!!!!!!

Tuesday, December 24th- May dreams of sugarplums dance in your head as you get to sleep tonight- no all nighter wrapping! GREAT JOB!

Last edited:

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Thanks,Annie!

DawnSu

Premiere Member
Sep 8, 2008
Missouri
putting in my phone with reminders now as we speak....
thanks for posting....

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Thanks Annie....you are a true Christmas angel

Doodlebug

MHH Member
Jan 11, 2010
Oklahoma
Thanks bunches Annie

snickerdoodle

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2009
Thank you so much for keeping me on track. I have put these dates on my calendar. I can use some extra encouragement!

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
I've never joined in on the Wrapping Parties, I guess because I don't ever really have lots to wrap anymore, but I think I will jump in this year!

Thanks Annie! I will note the dates in my notebook!

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
I just added them to my calendar! I did not follow them as much this year as I did last year and boy could I tell a HUGE difference!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I always have so many excuses as to why I don't wrap in advance, but enough!! For the first time EVER I was wrapping on Christmas Eve. Seriously, till 2 in the morning. I've never done that and don't want to do it again! I will have a plan!!

DawnSu

Premiere Member
Sep 8, 2008
Missouri
way to go MinnieCo.... I am with u dear. a few years back when I was fostering. I never made the time to do wrappin parties. always too busy.. but then i said "enough is enough" I was like u. I was always wrapping Christmas eve & sometimes even christmas day. now when I buy somethin I try to get it wrapped in my wrapping center that I have now & then it goes in my closet till Christmas....
Good Luck & i challenge u to this...
HAPPY WRAPPING

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
At first I only wanted to wrap while watching Christmas movies, that worked when my daughter was younger and I had down time later in the evening, but now that she's a teen. That just doesn't work. Then I want to have fancy bows and all and I worry about them getting messed up. For a few years I would box the gifts as I got them and then wrap closer to Christmas. That did work out well. But I think I'm going to not only box them, but wrap them as well. Use a sticky note to identify them, put them away in storage and then make my fancy bows and such in November and early December. So I've written my plan and you know what they say...Writing it down will make it happen. I guess that means I better wrap the gifts I bought on clearance already...LOL

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Great plan, Michelle!

I'm not sure I'll be able to wrap with Christmas movies on this year. My eldest DD is five, and although she's still young, she's not very reliable when it comes to staying asleep in her room anymore... I'm likely to be walked in on!

For the most part, I'll have to hide away in my bedroom while by husbands watches TV and keeps guard. Although... I'll still have the laptop :)

wijulie

Retire Member
Jan 5, 2008
SE Wisconsin
It was SUCH a relief when DS became old enough for me to wrap in front of him! Sometimes I'll wrap while watching a Christmas movie. Usually, though, I'll clear off the table in the craft room and set up there. I do wrap gifts as soon as I buy them. Then I write the names of the recipients in tiny letters on the bottom, and set them aside until the tree goes up. That's when I add the ribbons, bows, and tags (otherwise everything would get smooshed.)

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
It was SUCH a relief when DS became old enough for me to wrap in front of him! Sometimes I'll wrap while watching a Christmas movie. Usually, though, I'll clear off the table in the craft room and set up there. I do wrap gifts as soon as I buy them. Then I write the names of the recipients in tiny letters on the bottom, and set them aside until the tree goes up. That's when I add the ribbons, bows, and tags (otherwise everything would get smooshed.)

That's an awesome tradition for me to look forward to!

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Our First Wrapping Party of the year is coming up in a little over TWO weeks~ Saturday, August 3rd!

Can't believe it's time!

Annie:smilegift:

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
The first wrapping party of 2013 is tomorrow!!!

Can you believe it?!

The picture below is what our Christmas season will look like if we get our wrapping done early!

:fireplace:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Today?? not sure I'll get much done but I will inventory my gift closet and see what boxes are needed :)