Wrapping Parties- 2013

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Great job to everyone!!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Putting away the wrapping stuff this afternoon (after I go through the box and organize it). will just keep one load in the gift closet for last minute stuff.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I got half my wrapping done this evening!!

Yippee!!!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I will be having my own wrapping party this afternoon while Eli is at school. Wish me luck!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Wrapped and shipped everything to be shipped!

Haven't wrapped one present of all the rest that remain. :(

Two revelations I can share from my wrapping experience so far however:

1.) A patterned cellophane looks AWESOME when layered over a gift already wrapped in another paper, had to play with possible combinations, but found some great looks!

2.) Plain brown craft paper does NOT tape easily. I resorted to packing tape and that was still peeling right off. Is there a secret I am missing? Or maybe it was the type/brand of paper...sigh....

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Just need to wrap one more, and that is it.

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I have taken a decision, for my own peace of mind, that I will NOT do a wrapping party until we are already in Cork. I will bring the paper, ribbons, tape etc with me, and do it all down there over the 4 days. I know that feels late, but life is too hectic this year here, and I will have that space then to do it.

And I will not wrap for the relatives near us here until we get home from Cork, as I won't see them until after then either. Each item won't take long then. So it's another stress of a job to be ticked taken away.

Other years I am very very happy to wrap in advance, but this year, I am trying to be mindful of my ever increasing stress levels and what I can simplify.

Sugarplum

MHH Member
Jan 4, 2013
Florida
I will be having a wrapping party Saturday to finish up the stocking stuffers and a few other things. I will be able to do my ribbons and bows too. I'm not gonna be doing that Christmas morning this year!!

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Yeesssssssssss. I finally got my wrapping started. I ventured out early this morning and started shopping for gifts. As soon as I got home I wrapped everything and put them under the tree. I just need to pick up 7 more gifts and I will be all done. Talking about a happy camper. I wrote about it on my blog.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
LAST wrapping party of 2013 this Saturday!!!

Can't believe it's the last one!!!

Question- Do you want to do wrapping parties in 2014?

Annie

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Answer: Yes, I DO want to do Wrapping Parties in 2014! Remember… Hope Springs Eternal! And…. some years… I have DONE "Christmassy Things" during our "Wrapping Party" days!

Our "Christmases"… change a lot…. from year to year. A lot of things happen…. that are beyond our control. But…. I always love to read about Wrapping Parties…. even when I..s. do not do any wrapping.

What do YOU think?

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I love the wrapping parties.

Sugarplum

MHH Member
Jan 4, 2013
Florida
I think the wrapping parties are a good incentive to get things done early! Even if you don't have anything to wrap it spurs you on to think of things to get ready later on.

And I finally get to wrap on an actual Wrapping Party Day! Yay!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I usually don't wrap during those parties but I go through my gift closet, check out how many boxes I need, figure out how much wrapping paper & tags are needed too. And it's nice to know we are all thinking 'Christmas' at the same time.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I like the wrapping parties. Even when I don't have anything to wrap, it keeps me mindful about other things like checking my supplies or choosing what my colors will be that year... or even that I need to get on the ball with buying!!!

Sugarplum

MHH Member
Jan 4, 2013
Florida
It's fun to read how everyone is thinking the same way, lol.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Have finally made significant progress with wrapping!!! I have several more left to do, but the bulk of it is DONE! :)

Will try to finish tonight or during the day tomorrow while I am off work. Tonight is my goal though since my real plan is to be cooking/baking all day tomorrow.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Looks like everyone enjoys the wrapping parties so I will set up the dates for 2014~ after we get through Christmas of course!

:)