Wrapping party #2 9th September 2023

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
1694306197632.png

The weather is starting to change. You may be seeing signs of fall and we are seeing early signs of Spring. We still are a ways out from Christmas so time to get a little bit of early prep done.

I am going to spend this wrapping party to get the gift closet into some sort of order. I am going add the things that I have bought over the last few weeks into the right boxes. While I am doing that I will add what I have bought to my planner and add what still needs to be bought to my shopping list. I will buy as much as I can over the next few weeks so that when I am ready to wrap properly I can get a fair chunk done. I will also add a few of the grocery items that will be needed over the Christmas period. Stocking up now means I will be prepared for baking days that are on the schedule for late November early December and hopefully beat some of the price rises.

Do you pick a colour theme for wrapping? Have you decided what that will be? Now could be a great time to sit and decide what this year's theme might be. I don't wrap to a theme, I love the chaos of different papers and bags under the tree.

I am going to do some cooking this week and make sure that I put a few meals away in the freezer for those busy days. I find I get tired after wrapping, baking or decorating so having a ready meal in the freezer will make my day a little easier.

What ever you do today I hope that it makes for a great day.

Last edited:

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I looked at some dinners (casseroles) to make/make ahead, but I didn't wrap. Our gift giving folks have dwindled. I don't think I will be crocheting DD31 and her BF something this year as I haven't started and well, with DS20's surgery, my brain and heart just can't right now. I will be using Etsy.com as I do have some nice items favorited to be able to send to them ... and Etsy does the shipping so no going to the post office (or in my case Office Depot actually mails out packages. No up charge.) And I like supporting small craft businesses.

Reactions: luludou and halimer

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I'm going to check my wrapping supplies this week. I don't recall needing anything in particular at the end of December but those supplies have been used since then.

I like your idea of freezer meals on wrapping days especially in November and December. Cooking is the last thing on my mind after a big wrapping session. I think I'll put "What's for dinner?" next to the Wrapping Day note on the calendar as a reminder to get a freezer meal prepared.

As for wrapping gifts, I haven't done a theme since having children. If I run out of wrapping paper in early December, I end up buying whatever is available and usually it doesn't match. This year I am going to buy more than I think I need. These last few years I've underestimated the amount of wrapping needed.

For a number of years, we had a ton of wrapping paper that was won in a work raffle dh entered. He would have never had done that except he knows my love of wrapping gifts. It was an upright wrapping paper tote filled with all types of Christmas wrapping paper. Then it was placed in a huge upright sturdy cloth basket. Inside the basket was colored tissue paper and Christmas tissue paper, gift boxes, gift bags, gift tags, colored raffia, mailing envelopes, Sharpies, paint pens, scissors, and pop-up handband tape dispenser. (Remember them?) I think that lasted at least 5 years. If you know someone who likes to wrap and be creative, that would be a great gift!

Reactions: jampss

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
It was an upright wrapping paper tote filled with all types of Christmas wrapping paper. Then it was placed in a huge upright sturdy cloth basket. Inside the basket was colored tissue paper and Christmas tissue paper, gift boxes, gift bags, gift tags, colored raffia, mailing envelopes, Sharpies, paint pens, scissors, and pop-up handband tape dispenser. (Remember them?)
Now that's a gift I would love to get, but with both Christmas and Hanukkah paper, of course.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
For a number of years, we had a ton of wrapping paper that was won in a work raffle dh entered. He would have never had done that except he knows my love of wrapping gifts. It was an upright wrapping paper tote filled with all types of Christmas wrapping paper. Then it was placed in a huge upright sturdy cloth basket. Inside the basket was colored tissue paper and Christmas tissue paper, gift boxes, gift bags, gift tags, colored raffia, mailing envelopes, Sharpies, paint pens, scissors, and pop-up handband tape dispenser. (Remember them?) I think that lasted at least 5 years. If you know someone who likes to wrap and be creative, that would be a great gift!
That would be an amazing gift.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
After Christmas last year, before putting away my wrapping paper, I cut a small piece of each roll and taped it in my planner on the first week of September. Now I know what I have on hand looks like if I want to coordinate.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
After Christmas last year, before putting away my wrapping paper, I cut a small piece of each roll and taped it in my planner on the first week of September. Now I know what I have on hand looks like if I want to coordinate.
What a fabulous idea. Very clever.