Wrapping Party 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I set up my ironing board in the bed room and wrap on that gives me the privacy I need and I don’t have to haul around wrapping supplies that I have in abundance.

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Jody, what a wonderful idea. At least the ironing board is adjustable. I would never have thought of that!!!

Reactions: Minta

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I'm back in the missing package boat AGAIN - several things I ordered from Nordstrom this time. I got one small box that I haven't opened yet but according to emails they send a second box that arrived on the 3rd!!! I'm just praying I overlooked it again - but I was watching for boxes from that sender in particular :( Just when I think I've got a handle on things!!!!!

Maybe the missing box is actually inside the other small box? It's great ordering online but it is tricky to keep track of the deliveries especially when they come in multiple packages from the same store.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Ironing board is very clever idea!!!

I checked inside the box I did get and 3 of the 4 items were in there...still missing one thing. I emailed the store - we'll see what they say :(

Worked on wrapping teacher gifts last night, got 1 more present for DH too.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Minta, I am a bit of a messy wrapper. I have paper and bows and tags all over the place, I really need to spread out. I remember trying to wrap on my bedroom floor, it was ever the same. I say lock them in their rooms and go for it!

That sounds like me ... My Dh says I need to make a drinking game of it. Every time I loose the tape or scissors I take a drink. I told him then the gifts would NEVER get wrapped LOL

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
That sounds like me ... My Dh says I need to make a drinking game of it. Every time I loose the tape or scissors I take a drink. I told him then the gifts would NEVER get wrapped LOL

OH my gosh, that is so funny. I might make a necklace with a big long chain and thread the tape, scissors and pen through the chain. I would probably get tangled up and choke myself. My wrapping days never look like they do in the movies.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009

LOL! Or your gift wrapping would look askew.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
OH my gosh, that is so funny. I might make a necklace with a big long chain and thread the tape, scissors and pen through the chain. I would probably get tangled up and choke myself. My wrapping days never look like they do in the movies.

It's the latest trend - The Wrapping Party Necklace!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
A week to go my lovelies. The last wrapping party for the year will take place tomorrow.
Hopefully most of you are finished and only have a little bit left to wrap and can enjoy the final push to the big day.

I would like to thank you all for participating this year, it has been fun.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
This has been great motivation to keep me plugging away!

I am not thrilled that there is only a week to go and I have SO much wrapping left to do! I've been wrapping early and often and still have a lot left!!! I think it means I bought too many presents!!! :rolleyes:

I have a few for DS left - things I ordered on behalf of his grandma and said I would "go ahead and wrap" for her!

Then all of the things for DH, my sister and her boyfriend. My MIL's gift basket and then the two baskets of pinecone firestarters - they're assembled just need the cellophane and bow.

AND I still need to finish up wrapping the teacher gifts!

So needless to say, I'll be spending time each evening this week. And I have Friday off to catch up on anything that is left!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
AJ, what we need is a wrapping party at your house!!!
We could all come over, have a few drinks and laughs and get all the wrapping done.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Finished the rest of the wrapping wrapping last night except for 1 gift but it's a gift I have to make this week - a rice bag for my dad as he gets cold easy.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Oh my gosh, Katrina! I like that idea! :)

I used to have wrapping parties but everyone is much too busy this time of year and it sort of fell by the wayside.

I did get a burst of wrapping done late last night - all the teacher gifts are done. DS is done. Wrapped up the baskets of pinecone firestarters and a few other misc. things.

Still have plenty left! Will try to do more tonight but won't be able to get started until LATE - we get home at about 7:30PM from taekwondo class and then there is homework and several other things!

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Oh my gosh, Katrina! I like that idea! :)

I used to have wrapping parties but everyone is much too busy this time of year and it sort of fell by the wayside.

I did get a burst of wrapping done late last night - all the teacher gifts are done. DS is done. Wrapped up the baskets of pinecone firestarters and a few other misc. things.

Still have plenty left! Will try to do more tonight but won't be able to get started until LATE - we get home at about 7:30PM from taekwondo class and then there is homework and several other things!

I am firm believer that the week leading up to and including Christmas is the week where parents (usually the moms) get the least amount of sleep because there is so much to do.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am firm believer that the week leading up to and including Christmas is the week where parents (usually the moms) get the least amount of sleep because there is so much to do.
Minta, I totally agree. When my kids were little it was the pre Christmas week and the week before school started that were the busiest.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Thought I was finished so started to tidy up the middle room, pack away bags etc. DS comes home last night and says he needs to wrap a few things.:rolleyes:.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I hope to finish wrapping tomorrow when DH and I go home for the day before coming back to DD's house. This week of house sitting AND trying to get DD ready to go to California for six months has really thrown me for a loop. I have to keep reminding myself that it's all going to be okay. Thank goodness I've had all of you and this site to help me be a little ahead.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I'm chuckling and nodding my head in agreement to what you ladies are saying. This wrapping party thread is a great reminder to take advantage of all the pockets of time to wrap early and to wrap often. Last week was filled with unexpected stress that had to be dealt with at that moment. While I was feeling the stress because the events were taking me off course, there was this little sliver of peace of mind. At least, I wasn't also trying to wrap all the gifts this past week.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mary, glad to know that the wrapping parties have alleviated a little stress. They certainly make my days easier knowing that I have time put aside for if not wrapping, other Christmas prep.
Looking forward to more wrapping party dates next year.