Wrapping Party Chat

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
When is the wrapping party chat? I have a note on my calendar that it is supposed to be Sunday, Julu 31st but I haven't seen any information on the time. I'm assuming it will be in the Magical Holiday Home chat room?

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Happy First Wrapping Party Day!!!!!!!

PamelaG.... I can't remember how to get into the MHh Chat Room! Are you chatting there now? Or should we just "chat" here???

This morning..... I enjoyed a "reward" for some serious decluttering! I went SHOPPING..... and bought some (small) christmas gifts to wrap!!!!!!!\

I had intended to go to Michaels....... at the last minute, I decided to go to The Dollar Store first. Because..... this particular Dollar Store has THE BEST Halloween decorations (and the cheapest..... $1.)

Well.... only a few Halloween decorations were on display..... so I got some BIG and BEAUTIFUL felt pumpkins. (As soon as I got home..... I wished that I HAD BOUGHT MORE!) BUT I DID SPEND A LONG TIME AT THIS BIG DOLLAR STORE..... BECAUSE IT HAS BEEN MONTHS AND MONTHS SINCE I've gone shopping at any dollar store.

I got things like sunglasses (dh loses them rapidly), hair supplies, gift bags, all that stuff. And.... for the grandkids.... flashlights (a gift they always enjoy.... their own flashlight). Badmitten sets. (Go outside and play, please.) Great notebooks. Things I can wrap up for the "Early family Christmas" that we will have when ds, ddil and dgd come to visit this fall. (It was going to be in July.... but got postponed because of the real life events.)

So.... I WILL be able to wrap today.

But.... the shopping DID take a lot of time and energy. And.... I DO want to continue with the decluttering/organizing. So.... we'll see.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Hi piratemama! Thank you for the link!!!!!

I went there and registered (SIMPLE registration, thank goodness) and signed on to the Magical Holiday Home chat room.
I was the only one there.... so I chatted with myself for a while..... and then said that I was coming back here. And signed out.

It is about 12:40 on sunday afternoon, east coast time. I will come back..... in a while.... and see if people were "chatting here".... or over in the chat room.

I do love parties!

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Hi piratemama! Thank you for the link!!!!!

I went there and registered (SIMPLE registration, thank goodness) and signed on to the Magical Holiday Home chat room.
I was the only one there.... so I chatted with myself for a while..... and then said that I was coming back here. And signed out.

It is about 12:40 on sunday afternoon, east coast time. I will come back..... in a while.... and see if people were "chatting here".... or over in the chat room.

I do love parties!

I'm on my way over to the chat room.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I'm going to the Chat Room at 2:00 eastern standard time.

I will also go over now.... and see if you and/or anybody else is there now (1:20).

Follow the link that piratemama posted above.

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
I too went to chat and was all alone. :(

I guess everyone is busy wrapping. :)

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I'm just checking in for the day.

Is anyone wrapping??!!

I'll check the chat room!

And Ahorsesoul's links! TFS!

Annie

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Hi Annie Claus! I am going to the Chat Room at 6:00... hopefully... a little before 6:00. So far... the Christmas gifts I bought today..... are STILL in the trunk of the car.

HOWEVER..... I DEFINITELY feel that Preparations For Christmas 2011 Have Seriously Begun! The first gifts HAVE been purchased. Christmas wrapping supplies ARE within reach.... plenty for all the early gift purchases. Christmas cards ARE within easy reach. The Christmas Notebook HAS been located.... and is also within easy reach!

AND... a THEME has been selected for Christmas 2011: SIMPLE AND PEACEFUL.

SO.... SOME ACTUAL "WRAPPING" MAY... OR MAY NOT.... GET DONE TODAY. BUT.... THE CHRISTMAS 2011 HOLIDAY SEASON HAS BEEN LAUNCHED.... WITH TODAY'S WRAPPING PARTY! The "BGetting Ready" Stage... has begun!

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
We're chatting if anyone wants to come by!

Annie

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
6:40. Everyone signed out of chat for now.... to go do some work/eat dinner/whatever. Maybe people will pop in later. It really IS fun to chat!!!

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
Well, I didn't get any wrapping done today. But, I did make another ornament tonight while my youngest was at vacation bible school. My oldest 2 will be at Band Camp this week and then the youngest is off at VBS each eveing, so with the kid free time I hope to be able to wrap or craft this week. :) Maybe even have a date night with the hubby!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
We came back from camp last night so I missed all the fun :( I'll catch up next time