Wrapping party dates 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I keep a Google doc to keep track of all gifts - noting when wrapped and up until now I've only hidden them in the same place. DS has never snooped.

However, as I will be encourage DS to wrap and help hide gifts for his dad I'll need to be careful!!! If he decides to use my hiding space it could be awkward! LOL

I usually put all wrapped gifts for DS into several large black trashbags and then "hide" among the bags and boxes in the upstairs storage room. Hidden in plain sight basically.

All other gifts get lined up on the shelves in the other smaller storage room until time to gift them...

Reactions: rabble

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Just a quick reminder that the first wrapping party will be this Friday 25th of September which is also Rudy Day.
If you have nothing to wrap that is OK, do some prep, get your wrapping supplies organised, gather your Christmas cards and stamps, write a list, anything to make life a little easier come December.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Just a quick reminder that the first wrapping party will be this Friday 25th of September which is also Rudy Day.
If you have nothing to wrap that is OK, do some prep, get your wrapping supplies organised, gather your Christmas cards and stamps, write a list, anything to make life a little easier come December.
Gulp! How did this happen so quickly?! I will be working on my gift list in earnest this week.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I am ready to wrap. I think I will set a goal to wrap the 2 October birthdays and the Ohio family. We will visit them in late October so I can take them with me and save on postage. That will keep me busy.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I'm ready to wrap! Went through the storage areas upstairs this weekend and got them under control - including organizing all of my stash of gifts already purchased or made AND clearing a direct path to the totes of wrapping paper LOL

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I'll use that day to see what wrapping supplies I need. NOT TAPE!! Found all the rolls of tape when we were packing to move. :D:D They're now in their own basket in the linen closet! I've been looking at wrapping paper online, and that may be how I purchase it this year. I haven't seen any at the stores, yet. Although, when I was in Walmart recently, they were starting to clear out shelves for Christmas. I'll check there this week and see if they have put anything out already.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
I'll use that day to see what wrapping supplies I need. NOT TAPE!! Found all the rolls of tape when we were packing to move. :D:D They're now in their own basket in the linen closet! I've been looking at wrapping paper online, and that may be how I purchase it this year. I haven't seen any at the stores, yet. Although, when I was in Walmart recently, they were starting to clear out shelves for Christmas. I'll check there this week and see if they have put anything out already.
I'm waiting for the wrapping paper to appear in the stores also. I have two partial rolls but I was saving those for non-family member gifts.

Reactions: missjane

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I'm waiting for the wrapping paper to appear in the stores also. I have two partial rolls but I was saving those for non-family member gifts.
I need a few rolls for the boys, a lot of my paper is a bit girly, pink and purple etc. I have not seen any paper in the stores yet but I don't think it will be too long now. I am wondering if there will be a shortage of supplies so I will get things as soon as I see them rather than wait.

Reactions: PamelaG

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
First wrapping party day of the year. I will take out my planner and just check off a few things. I need to look at my wrapping supplies and gather them all together so that when I am ready to start wrapping I can just jump in.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Didn’t get to wrap, was busy cleaning. Everything is already to go. Can’t believe it’s the end of September already.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I worked on looking online and gathering a list of "surprise" gifts that were not on my dc's lists. (I'm trying not to do impulse buying especially online. I'm giving myself time to think about it and determine if it will really be useful or not for my crew. )

When we had the flooding in the basement in August, my family found my hiding spots for gifts, "Santa" gift wrap and my basket of wrapping supplies. (I've had to get my own tape, scissors, gift tags, pens, etc. because the others would go missing when I needed them.) Nothing to be done about that except more gift wrap was found that I did forget about. At this point, it seems like I am set with enough gift wrap to start the wrapping. Now to start the buying...

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I wrapped yesterday. Husbands gifts are all wrapped. My sons gifts, except for groceries items, are all in boxes. I’m hoping to get some of them wrapped this afternoon.
My new set up is just ok. I think after Christmas I will switch my wrapping supplies and storage containers for gifts to the other side of the room. I’m constantly stepping over the tread mill with current arrangement. Its still better than last year, moving between 3 rooms to wrap.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
A reminder that our next wrapping party is this Saturday the 17th of October. I will be sorting through stocking fillers and looking through my paper so that I can start wrapping. I use "cheaper" paper for the stockings.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I'm looking forward to getting a few things wrapped tomorrow!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
No gifts to wrap for me. DD27's birthday is December 11th. I have one gift for her, and I think I may give it to her for her birthday. I did find the gift wrap storage container when I was going through things in the storage building. I do need to buy some paper. Have plenty of bags. Has anyone decided on a wrapping theme this year? I've decided to go straight traditional Christmas colors and decor. Just need that stability and nostalgia it brings this year.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Has anyone decided on a wrapping theme this year? I've decided to go straight traditional Christmas colors and decor. Just need that stability and nostalgia it brings this year.
I never pick a theme. I buy wrapping paper as I see it, just things that catch my eye, all colours and patterns.
I love the look of all the colours under the tree.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I spent a couple hours wrapping up the stocking stuffers and a few gifts today. Now I have to sit down and write everything that I've bought to date, the gifts that are wrapped and additional items to pick up for gifts such as batteries, etc. :)