Wrapping party dates 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Not an "official" wrapping day today but I am off to Mum's to wrap the stocking fillers. We have about 14 stockings to fill so hopefully will be done today and will have an idea if we need to purchase anything else.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Have you ever wrapped a present, put it away, and by the time you got the wrapped present, you did not remember what the actual item was?
Lol, all the time! I keep pictures of everything I buy on my phone because I can’t remember things. I put name tags on everything as I wrap (unless I get distracted).

Today was wrapping day for me. Except for the few gifts that I’ll put in gift bags right before I give them, I’m done. I have one heck of a mess to clean up in my dining room. Husband still needs to wrap his stuff. I may have to help him wrap a few things he bought for our son that are odd sizes.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Saturday and Sunday November 7th and 8th......a double party so we can get a few things done.
Just a friendly reminder that we have a double wrapping weekend set for this coming Saturday and Sunday. There are a few days still scheduled so no need to panic just yet. Use the time to make a list or two or do something to make the lead up a little easier.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
FINALLY found my wrapping paper, Costco for the win! It's double-sided, three different design rolls to a package which is perfect for Vic, Sophia, and me. I have some leftover wrap from last year for gifts that I need to wrap for anyone outside the family. Not sure what we're doing this year for the veterans home, there won't be any type of gathering like the party last year but I haven't heard yet about gift giving.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Not sure what we're doing this year for the veterans home, there won't be any type of gathering like the party last year but I haven't heard yet about gift giving.
I am still waiting on announcements too. I have seen nothing about the library's food drive and I am not sure if other festivities will go ahead.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I put a roll of paper in my buggy Saturday at Walmart. When I got to the register to check out with a buggy FULL of things, the checker said she couldn't find a price on it, so I left it. There weren't many roll left of that kind. I'll have to have wrapping paper to do all the gifts I have. It was the only one I really liked...didn't care too much for what they had.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
There seems to have been a shortage of wrapping paper here (bonus for me as I am an addict). It means I will use what I have in stock and am not tempted to buy more.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
The plan is to wrap and ready 2 packages for mailing on Monday. Will probably wrap the rest, not much left to wrap.

rabble

Premiere Member
Jun 19, 2020
Uk
I've not started any wrapping yet and I honestly can't say why o_O i dont know whats happened. Im going to do some this weekend though. I'm going to do the stuff for relatives I hope. I always use brown kraft paper or fat quarters and I have them all ready. Just need the motivation

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I'm hoping to do some wrapping next week. The big rummage sale is this weekend in our parish. My mom and I are putting stuff out for it, so that will take up my weekend. DH's birthday is Monday. I need to see if kids want to come Sunday for lunch or supper.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I've not started any wrapping yet and I honestly can't say why o_O i dont know whats happened. Im going to do some this weekend though. I'm going to do the stuff for relatives I hope. I always use brown kraft paper or fat quarters and I have them all ready. Just need the motivation
I find it hard to wrap Christmas gifts when we are in October/November. If I put on a Christmas podcast or some Christmas music, it makes it easier to get get motivated and be in the Christmas spirit.

Reactions: rabble

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I've got a few more items to wrap. I hope to get to it this weekend. :)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mum is coming over on Thursday and we will be wrapping most of my families gifts. In a few weeks time I will go to mum's and wrap hers. I am a little all over the place this year but am hoping to have most if it wrapped by December 1st if possible.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Now that the painting is done and I can get the house back to normal I would love to do some wrapping next week.

Also want to go through the things for the advent calendar and see what is needed.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
DS is going to MN and seeing DD and taking the box I was going to mail to her. Big savings on postage. So I will wrap tomorrow and get Mom's package ready for DH to mail on Monday. Once that is done I will start Christmas cards. Not to many to do but would like them in the mail right after Thanksgiving so they can be enjoyed for the holiday.

rabble

Premiere Member
Jun 19, 2020
Uk
Yesterday I spent close to 13 hours making advent calendars and wrapping. I never want to wrap another gift again...

Except there's still some left to do. I might crack out a bottle of christmas spirit (baileys) to help me get through it.

• Haha

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Yesterday I spent close to 13 hours making advent calendars and wrapping. I never want to wrap another gift again...

Except there's still some left to do. I might crack out a bottle of christmas spirit (baileys) to help me get through it.
LOL! Ah, yes, I should have also mentioned that a bottle of Christmas spirits can help with the motivation too. :D

I did a big wrapping session yesterday. Most of what I had bought is now wrapped. I placed some online orders on Friday night and expect them to arrive late next week.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Looks like you all had a successful wrapping weekend. Still a few weeks left before the big day so plenty of time yet. Remember the goal is we don't want to be wrapping on Christmas Eve. That is our time to relax ( with some Christmas Spirit)!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Went to Mum's yesterday and wrapped all her gifts for the family. Did not take too long as she does not give as much as we do. Nice to have it all done so that we can concentrate on other things.
Just a reminder that the next wrapping party day is November 25th.