Wrapping party dates 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I should be up to wrap by then.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Completely off the schedule but I got everything wrapped this past weekend - Nov 21-22. I bought too much wrapping paper and tissue but I'm pretty sure Costco will take back the unopened packages. Now all I need is for the unlit section of the tree to be fixed (Sophia and I will attack this tomorrow night), the tree skirt put in place, and the packages will go under the tree.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
@PamelaG, love that you are finished wrapping.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
The bedroom has become the Christmas gift warehouse. :D I will wrap gifts this weekend. I'm still debating if I'll keep the wrapped gifts in my room or put them elsewhere. Everyone is home doing school online. I don't want them to know my normal hiding spots. ;)

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
The bedroom has become the Christmas gift warehouse.
I know the feeling, I was finally glad to see the comforter after all the to-be-wrapped stack was finally sorted.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Wrapping wrapping wrapping as soon as i take a photo of what I am wrapping

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I have a buffet server with four leaves that go in it that is pulled out for the Thanksgiving food. After it's cleaned off, I'm going to use it to wrap the gifts I have . The sewing room, which is smallish, is filled with gifts. I'll have to cover them or close the door tomorrow when everyone is over so they don't see the stash! I'm ready to get those things cleaned out of there and the sewing room back in order.

Yes, Deidra...I agree about taking the photo!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
The sewing room, which is smallish, is filled with gifts.
It is so exciting to read about wrapping presents and hiding spots. Such joy!!!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I spend most of Friday afternoon and evening wrapping gifts all the gifts that I had. Then more gifts arrived today. I will wrap them next week. I've been notified that there are delays in shipping several of my orders. I may be doing a lot of last minute wrapping this year.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I was caught up to date with the wrapping as of last night. A few more gifts arrived today that I will wrap this afternoon.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Thursday December 3rd is another scheduled wrapping day. If you don't feel like wrapping maybe grab a coffee, sit by the tree and relax for a while.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
2 more wrapping days for the year and we will be done.
Tuesday 15th and Friday 18th are the last two scheduled days. Hopefully you will have everything wrapped and the lead up to Christmas will be a relaxed and quiet one. Not long to go now.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
we are having Christmas on Dec 20th. DS and DGS will be here. Not sure if stepmom will be here. She might now feel up to it.

I might have to drive down to Mayo to spend the night Right after we open presents and eat if Monday, dec 21 looks like A snowy or icy day. My first appointment is at 8am so we would have to leave our house 5:00. We are old so do not want to drive in the dark and battle slick roads.

I have all of DGSs gift put into Santa bags. Did not wrap the gifts so it should not take long for him to get his gifts. I do so love seeing him opening gifts and being surprised at what he finds.

DSs gift are bagged up too. Might do DDs the same.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I am up to date with the wrapping. I have a few gifts that I am still making but they will be easy enough to wrap when I'm done. According to the tracking numbers, I've got at least 4 packages just sitting in warehouses for the post office. A few are waiting to get picked up by other shipping carriers. Based on the fact that most of those orders were made 3 weeks ago, I'm going to guess that they won't arrive until after Christmas.

I've decided if the items don't have an arrival date of Christmas Eve, then I'll print a picture of the items and wrap them up. At least all the gifts will be acknowledge on Christmas morning.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Yesterday, 8 more gifts arrived! I was so happy! I wrapped them up last night. I'm just waiting on 3 more packages. :)

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I have three small gift ready to mail. Late for me to be sending but that's ok. Most of the gifts for family is just put into a gift bag and not wrapped. I am on a time limit the day we are doing Christmas so gift opening needs to go fast.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
How did everyone go with wrapping? Have you still got things to wrap or are you finished?
I think DH still needs to wrap mine and I need to wrap one thing that DB has stored here to give to our Mum. Other than that we are ready to go.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Finished wrapping yesterday after last package arrived and DH finished his painting for DS.