Wrapping party dates 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Sounds like everyone is doing so well and have nearly finished wrapping. Makes me happy.

Reactions: jampss

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I cleaned up almost all my supplies. I left a few things handy “just incase” I might have a last minute gift to wrap. I checked to see if I need to stock up on any thing after Christmas. Except for tape I need nothing. Now if I can resist buying stuff after Christmas lol.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
MM, it is a good time to take stock and write a list of what things we may need for next year. I think at this stage that I am fine. The only thing I may need is a few more Christmas cards.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I'm getting there. I need to buy a few more gifts and wrap them tomorrow. I'm so glad that I wrapped along the way.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I have four gifts left to wrap. All clothing items that will need to be put into boxes. I finished filling the stockings last night. I left the candy out of one of them and will have to go back and see whose it is.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Looks like every one did great with their wrapping this year. I was well done before Christmas with the exception of a few last minute things.
I need to remember to attache the gift tags more securely, some of the parcels that I took to Mum's lost their tags and we had to guess who they belonged to.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Looks like every one did great with their wrapping this year. I was well done before Christmas with the exception of a few last minute things.
I need to remember to attache the gift tags more securely, some of the parcels that I took to Mum's lost their tags and we had to guess who they belonged to.
I've done that before. I never seem to unwrap the gift without tearing the paper.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I only had two gifts to wrap this year. Now I’m looking for more Santa bags.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I have some high quality beautiful paper I bought a home goods. I had a difficult time getting my boxes wrapped because the tape wouldn’t hold. I finally used double sided tape and regular tape and hurried to get the ribbon around them to keep it together. I couldn’t get tags to stick. Next year I’ll use tie on tags I found at the thrift shop.
I had rearranged my supplies and wrapping area in January. It worked out really well for me. The wrapping party dates are such a help for me. I enjoy my time wrapping because I don’t feel rushed.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
The wrapping party dates are such a help for me. I enjoy my time wrapping because I don’t feel rushed.
I am glad that the wrapping party dates help. It certainly helps me and even if I have nothing to wrap I use the days as more Christmas prep.
If everyone is willing I am happy to host the Wrapping party for 2022

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I had a few last minute small things to wrap, but we have to figure out a better plan for my daughters gifts she had shipped here. Instead of mailing gifts here wrapped, she just had stuff shipped here for her to wrap once she arrived on the 23rd. That made for some very last minute Christmas Eve wrapping and she was stressed and didn't enjoy the process. Like me she loves to wrap gifts and add details, so her and I need to rethink how we'll do this in the future.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I had a few last minute small things to wrap, but we have to figure out a better plan for my daughters gifts she had shipped here. Instead of mailing gifts here wrapped, she just had stuff shipped here for her to wrap once she arrived on the 23rd. That made for some very last minute Christmas Eve wrapping and she was stressed and didn't enjoy the process. Like me she loves to wrap gifts and add details, so her and I need to rethink how we'll do this in the future.
Since you enjoy the wrapping too, could you wrap some of the gifts as they arrive in a wrapping paper that both you and your daughter like? Maybe a few specifically chosen gifts could be left unwrapped until her arrival?

I am glad that the wrapping party dates help. It certainly helps me and even if I have nothing to wrap I use the days as more Christmas prep.
If everyone is willing I am happy to host the Wrapping party for 2022
Yes, please do! Thinking ahead and wrapping as we go has been beneficial for the unexpected life events that happen in November and December.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Mary, that's exactly what we talked about. I may suggest that again and with my granddaughter we're going to use bags over the next few years to help her participate as a toddler as well. So that is going to make her stuff easier. I'm not a big gift bag person because I do love wrapping, but I'll hunt down some fun bags.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
oh one other thing. I still giggle when I think my husband thought I was actually going to wrapping parties all year. I put the dates on the calendar and he says...Oh, we can't do such and such this week because you're gong somewhere to wrap. hahaha...Yeah, NO!! I wish!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
oh one other thing. I still giggle when I think my husband thought I was actually going to wrapping parties all year. I put the dates on the calendar and he says...Oh, we can't do such and such this week because you're gong somewhere to wrap. hahaha...Yeah, NO!! I wish!
OMG, that is so precious.!!!!!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Lol!!!