Wrapping party dates 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I wrapped 2 Christmas gifts (for DD and Dsil) today. I will be taking them to DD's and leaving them. there. Since I had their gifts bought I thought I would save the postage mailing them. I never know when I will see them again. So I am taking the opportunity of delivering them now. I also have DD's birthday gift. Her birthday is Saturday.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Just a quick reminder that the first wrapping party day will be this coming Saturday 25th September.
If you have nothing to wrap just yet maybe you can make a list, place an online order, look at a recipe for a new dish you would like to try. Dig out the Christmas cards or take stock of what wrapping supplies you might need. If nothing else light a candle, make some hot chocolate and watch a Christmas movie. What ever you do enjoy your day.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I’m ready to start wrapping! I plan to spend the day wrapping everything I have boxed up. I have my Christmas music all picked out and all my supplies are ready.
Wonderful. I will be tidying the gift closet and maybe talking to the kids about anything they may have thought of.
The Christmas music will be pumping here too much to DH horror :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: jampss and HouseElf

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Spent the afternoon wrapping. Have my husband’s things all wrapped. Resting my back then will get things tucked away. Very productive day!

Reactions: HouseElf

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I spent the day just tidying up a few things around here. A quiet wrapping day and Rudy day.

Reactions: jampss and HouseElf

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I forgot to post. :rolleyes: I wrapped some gifts and a few stocking stuffers. I have a few more to wrap so I think I'll do that this week if time permits.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I got the rest of the items that I've bought so far wrapped yesterday.

After last year, I learned a lot of new lessons. One was it really is never to early to get things done. The other was to document, document, document. I will never really remember details three months from now even though I think I will. However, I didn't remember that one until yesterday. :rolleyes:

I couldn't remember a key detail from two weeks ago. I had to unwrap a gift already and then wrap it up again because I remembered incorrectly. I remembered incorrectly because I didn't document it. :mad: Sigh...

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I got the rest of the items that I've bought so far wrapped yesterday.

After last year, I learned a lot of new lessons. One was it really is never to early to get things done. The other was to document, document, document. I will never really remember details three months from now even though I think I will. However, I didn't remember that one until yesterday. :rolleyes:

I couldn't remember a key detail from two weeks ago. I had to unwrap a gift already and then wrap it up again because I remembered incorrectly. I remembered incorrectly because I didn't document it. :mad: Sigh...
HI Mary,
What process do you use to document?

Annie

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
HI Mary,
What process do you use to document?

Annie
I use Google Sheets. I like using the computer at home and accessing the information from my phone while out shopping. Each person gets two columns: One for the gift and one for the cost. Gift ideas are listed. If the item is bought, then I put down the price. I have the price column set up to calculate the total cost spent as prices are entered.
1633219247979.png

When the gift is wrapped, it gets colored green. When I order something online, the cost gets put down and then I color code it yellow. It stays yellow until it arrives and then it goes to white again. Now, if it's getting close to Christmas, say December 6th, and I still have things to wrap and/or an order is overdue, it gets color coded red. These are visual cues for me that I need to pay attention especially after Dec. 6th.

For instance, if I'm gifting several people with bags of coffee and one person can only drink decaf coffee, I should document whose coffee I bought. If I don't do that after my shopping trips or as I'm wrapping, then I end up unwrapping gifts later to make sure I bought the correct gifts. :rolleyes:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Will be wrapping stocking fillers this week. Excited.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I'm so dang proud of myself. I was taking a flight to see my daughter on Southwest and you get 2 free bags. Anymore that's like winning the lottery. So what did I do...wrap gifts and took them in a spare suitcase!!!! I didn't feel like it because I was taking 2 trips back to back, but I forced myself to pull my stuff out and got about 8 or 9 of her 12 Days of Christmas gifts wrapped and took them with me. I'm so freaked out about shipping cost and the delays, I wanted to save a few bucks. It actually worked out great becuase when I came back she filled the extra suitcase with gifts she'd already bought for extended family here and she'll just wrap them when she gets home for Christmas. It was WIN, WIN!!! Now, with that said I was ashamed of myself. Normally I spend a day or so in July clearing out the boxes from the Christmas before, get it organzied and looking pretty for the coming season. Well I didn't do that...and found some stuff in the bottom of that box I didn't even know was there..hahaha OH WELL..it happens!!!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I didn't have anything to wrap on Wednesday's Wrapping Day. However, two items that I ordered arrived since. I'm hoping to get to it next week.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My stocking boxes are empty as I have wrapped stockings and they are stored. Glad to have them wrapped.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I missed wrapping party on Wednesday. Nice day out so cleaned the garage. So it will happen tomorrow with DH's help. We will be wrapping gifts for DS's family in OH. We will be going there on the 30th and since I have all their gifts I am taking them so I don't have to mail it.