Wrapping party dates 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
We will be going there on the 30th and since I have all their gifts I am taking them so I don't have to mail it.
such a good plan, saves so much on postage and you know that they will be there in plenty of time.

Reactions: HouseElf

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I use Google Sheets. I like using the computer at home and accessing the information from my phone while out shopping. Each person gets two columns: One for the gift and one for the cost. Gift ideas are listed. If the item is bought, then I put down the price. I have the price column set up to calculate the total cost spent as prices are entered.
View attachment 1433

When the gift is wrapped, it gets colored green. When I order something online, the cost gets put down and then I color code it yellow. It stays yellow until it arrives and then it goes to white again. Now, if it's getting close to Christmas, say December 6th, and I still have things to wrap and/or an order is overdue, it gets color coded red. These are visual cues for me that I need to pay attention especially after Dec. 6th.

For instance, if I'm gifting several people with bags of coffee and one person can only drink decaf coffee, I should document whose coffee I bought. If I don't do that after my shopping trips or as I'm wrapping, then I end up unwrapping gifts later to make sure I bought the correct gifts. :rolleyes:
Thank you for sharing!

Annie

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Wrapped several gifts this morning. Only have 3 more. I have stocking stuffers to wrap too.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Wrapping and prep continues here this week. tomorrow is Rudy day here so I will check that supplies are ready to go and clean some space in my craft room.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Finished wrapping everything I had boxed up. Tomorrow I’m going to gather up everything that still needs boxed to the kitchen. It’s easier for me to go back and forth to the garage that way for boxes. I can wrap those things Tuesday and be pretty much done. I’ll still need to do the gift basket for friends and decide how to wrap the purse sets and baby quilt. But atleast everything else will be done.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
A quick reminder of our double header wrapping party weekend. 2 days of Christmas magic. I am hoping to be fully wrapped by the end of this week!!!

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
For some reason I cannot bring myself to wrap before December at the earliest - except of course, for those years when Hanukkah falls on Thanksgiving.

I might be able to put things in boxes but I am always afraid that the wrappings will get messed up as I have no dedicated place to store things.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I wrapped some yesterday and have 2 large boxes of item that will need to be shipped to DS. I am expecting that the postage will be hefty. I will try and get that to him the last week of November as I am not sure how long the post will take. Next year I will do something different for him so that I will not be posting so much.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I might be able to put things in boxes but I am always afraid that the wrappings will get messed up as I have no dedicated place to store things.
If it makes you feel better, my wrapped gifts get messed up as everything is piled on top of one another to fit into a bag or a box.
Next year I will do something different for him so that I will not be posting so much.
Wondering if you two can meet half way for a lunch and exchange gifts that way. I don't know what the cost of posting verses driving would cost where you are.

I was hoping to get wrapping done this weekend but it won't work out with dd visiting. I got all the gifts that I had wrapped yesterday. :)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Wondering if you two can meet half way for a lunch and exchange gifts that way. I don't know what the cost of posting verses driving would cost where you are.
Mary, this is a good thought. DS is living about a 12 hour drive from us, I could see where half way is and maybe meet him there.
I am thinking that m-next year I will send him more cash and a list of what I would like him to buy for his stocking. I am also thinking of buying him seasons passes to the theme parks that are near to him.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Saturday 18th of December. 1 week to go and an 'official' wrapping party day. DH will wrap my parcels today and then I think we are done. I hope that you put on some music, sip some hot chocolate and get those last gifts wrapped.
Enjoy the lead up to next week. It's nearly here!!

Reactions: jampss and luludou

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Allen has ours all wrapped. Have just a couple coming yet. I will wrap his when he is gone tomorrow. Best year we have had in a long time being done ahead of schudule!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I had planned to wrap today. I'll do it Tuesday when I'm off.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
We are done! DH used a lot of fabric gift bags so it did not take too long.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lucie. I made DH a whole bunch of bags last year. He hates wrapping, is not good at it and gets very stressed so am happy to do it this way. And it saves on waste.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I finished all the wrapping today (of the gifts that have arrived. more coming Tuesday). I have some to go into bags, but my energy ran out. I'm off Tuesday, so depending on what time the other gifts arrive will determine whether or not I wrap Tuesday.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
DGS was so cute with his Santa bag. He would open,shut his eyes, reach in grab something then fold the bag shut. We had a great time watching him.

Reactions: jampss

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
All wrapping was completed on Saturday, except for one gift that arrived via FedEx after midnight, and that was wrapped yesterday. And then I found one more -- a Christmas ornament that I'd found for DD while I was on vacation (manatees with Christmas stocking hats, done in metals). Glad I kept a couple of scrap pieces of wrapping paper and hadn't put my gift wrap and the bows box away.

Reactions: jampss