Wrapping Party September 25th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
This Sunday, September 25th sees us 3 months out from the big day.
The focus this time is to:

Make a list. How are you doing with your gifts and stocking fillers? Have you started buying, have you got an idea of what you want to buy for people this year? Where do you keep your lists? Do you use a paper planner or is there a great app that you keep on your phone or tablet. Share your favourite way of storing your lists.

Make a meal: Make a meal or two while we are still a few months out. It will make the busy times ahead much easier if there is a quick meal able to be popped in the oven after a long day of Christmas prep.

Set up your wrapping station: Do you know where you will wrapping this year? Time to think about it. I will be wrapping on the large table in my craft room. I need to gather supplies, tape, scissors, gift tags and get ready to start wrapping.

Gift storage: Where will you be storing your wrapped gifts? Will you remember where you have hidden them and what is in each gift?
A hint that a MHH member posted years ago is a Word document with a list of all the gifts she had purchased and where she had them stored. When saving the document she changed the font to white so that it looked like a blank document if any one was snooping.....Do you have a snooper???
Remember to really attach the gift tags really well to prevent them falling off while in storage.

Hoping that you have a wonderful Rudy Day/wrapping party day!!!

1663820290771.jpeg

Last edited:

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
A snooper .... that's a cute and funny idea! :)

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
These are great ideas, Katrina! I am behind on my prep work this year. I have to start my stocking stuffer gift list. I like writing out ideas on paper but I also keep the ideas in Google Sheets so I can access it from my phone if I have a question about a gift.

I love having meals ready and in the freezer for December. I particularly like having meals for the week leading into Christmas and the week after Christmas. It has made that time less stressful.

Wrapping happens on the family floor when everyone is out of the house. I try to wrap as close to the wrapping days as possible. I've worked from home since 2019. Dh started working from home when the pandemic started. If time permits, I will wrap dh's gift when he is in a meeting and dds gifts when they are in school.

Gift ideas are written in a spread sheet. When they are bought online but not not delivered, the gifts are color coded red. When gifts are bought in a store or delivered to the house, they are color coded yellow. When they are wrapped, they are color coded green. I write the name of the recipient on the wrapping paper and then put a bow close to the name for me to see but not necessarily anyone else. I write the recipients name on a hanging tag and attach it to a big shopping bag that the stores usually use on Black Friday. Gifts are grouped according to recipient and placed in the bag(s). It makes for easy transport from the storage area.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I didn't wrap anything today. I have bought a few gifts and a few stocking stuffers, but didn't record them. I need to find a day when I'm here alone (which is seldom) to make a list of what I have.

I don't have much secret storage area, but my people (DH and DD25 when she's here) aren't really snoopers. I think I could sit things in plain sight and they wouldn't notice them.

I wrap on the dining table. That's where all my flea market stuff is and why I wanted to get things priced and to my booth Saturday, but it didn't happen. That's a goal for this week. DD25 is going on a trip with DD29 and DSonIL October 15 - 22. I'll work on the gift wrapping while she's away. I'll be house sitting for DD29, so I'll load and take things to her house to work on it then. It will give me something to do in the evenings.

I need to look back on my notes from last year to see what things worked and what didn't. I like having the freezer meals - even DH commented on how much that helps - and need to decide on what I want to make. We've been eating things from the freezer, so freezer space is slowly opening up. Finding time to do it will be the issue. Maybe I can work on that, too, while I'm house sitting at DD25's house. She has a dishwasher, but we don't have one. Easier cleanup! ;)

Gift tags may be one of the things I need to buy.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I went to Mum's today and we had a little wrapping party. We spoke about Christmas plans and figured out a few more gift ideas for people. Had a lovely lunch, it was a nice day.

Reactions: jampss

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
@missjane What are your go to freezer meals to make ahead?

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
@missjane What are your go to freezer meals to make ahead?
#1 cheesy chicken spaghetti
#2 enchiladas
#3 spaghetti sauce
#4 gumbo
#5 chili (can be eaten alone, used with hotdogs, or to make Frito pies)