Yummy-mummy-amy

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
Ahorsesoul--Yes, I will be posting about my elves. 3 are already with us, but I haven't updated since Halloween. You will have to go to part 2 which is www.allenelves11.blogspot.com. You can link to that from the original blog. I found that some @#$%%$&#%$ had even hacked into my blog. That's pretty slack to hack into something like an elf blog. Kinda made me mad because I'm sure kids look at that and I don't know what the links were to. Anyway.....I tried to delete them, it took awhile and if anyone sees them, please let me know.

Amy -- Just curious, what is smoke damage, is it just the smell, which I know can linger forever, or is it a discoloration on the walls furniture etc? How do they get rid of the smell and fix the damage? My mind is working too good this morning and i haven't even had any caffeine yet!!! WOW!!!

the smoke damage is partly smell, soot on almost everything and yes the discolouration. the insurance company are paying for a professional cleaning company to do everything in house - the walls, ceilings and cupboards etc, everything soft like clothes, teddy bears, curtains etc have gone to be professionally cleaned to get rid of soot n smell. then a builder will come in to seal the walls so that the painter can then re-decorate.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Amy - Thanks for checking in! Hang in there and know that many people are thinking about you and hoping you get back into your home soon but when your child can be safe doing so!

caitsmum

Retire Member
Nov 6, 2008
Bedfordshire England
Oh My!
NOT a good thing to happen...well at any time really!

Glad everyone is OK and that the hotel are being helpful.

Don't know where in Cambs you are, but I'm just outside Luton if I can help in any way?

AM

bralene

Retire Member
Oct 22, 2011
Hi Amy they went in the mail already so on there way sorry to say i did not get a pic of jingles in the card but they are mailed had to get them off before yesterday or they would not make it there by the 25th

sloanmama

Retire Member
Dec 6, 2009
Ohio
What a terrible situation to have to deal with at any time, but especially at the holidays. You're right... it could have been much much worse and if there's a bright side to look on right now, that would be it. Glad to hear you will be back in your home soon. Thinking of you and your family and praying all goes smoothly now.

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
thank you everyone.

cards will be posted tomorrow as they "being written tonight" (now by me LOL!) x

JayOkie

Retire Member
Oct 19, 2007
NE Oklahoma
Don't know how to tell when the 1st posting was made about the fire, but so glad to know no one was injured. Hasn't been long since the elves are up to some mischief, but hoping they'll soon have your home to use for a playground & not the motel room :-0

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
the fire was on the 17th nov, and we still in the hotel. hopefully home on tuesday.

bertie made a giant snowman on the floor from pillows covered with white fluffy towels and then used bits from the hotel rooms (socks, baby bottle lid, my hair bobble etc) to make buttons, eyes and such

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
bertie made a giant snowman on the floor from pillows covered with white fluffy towels and then used bits from the hotel rooms (socks, baby bottle lid, my hair bobble etc) to make buttons, eyes and such

Make sure you take a photo.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
the fire was on the 17th nov, and we still in the hotel. hopefully home on tuesday.

Amy our fire was Oct 8th. We hope to be moving into our new house sometime this week. Hope you get to go home soon..

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
thanks everyone.

yes i took a photo of the giant snowman. we left it on the floor until today as we were meant to be leaving in the morning but the insurance havent sent the money to replace the kitchen bits, it will be in tomorrow or wednesday!!! the staff havent said anything about it, but most know what we are doing and why we are there etc,

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
we are home!!!

i have new kitchen bits and cooker comes on thursday. xmas here we come!!!

Mouse2

Retire Member
Jun 29, 2011
London, United Kingdom