Gift closet 2017

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I was at Dollar General this morning. Select toys are 50% off right now, so I got a couple of stocking stuffers for DGSs.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
WOW, got to love anything that is 50% off.

Reactions: Minta

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
went to the mall yesterday and picked up a few things.
A pretty ring for DD which has a light blue stone in it, a necklace for my mum both at very reasonable prices.
DS has been looking at a new G-Shock watch for ages and the jewelry shop had one on sale yesterday and I had the money so I got it.
That will be his major Christmas gift and I am glad that it is bought.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Picked up another Hess truck for our son.
I'd never seen a Hess truck. I have them on my shopping list for the future gift ideas. DGS is just two right now.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I'd never seen a Hess truck. I have them on my shopping list for the future gift ideas. DGS is just two right now.

My son has gotten a Hess truck from his grandfather every year since he was 4. I have picked up several more olders one that people were selling. Each truck is dated with the year it was sold and they start selling them in the fall. You used to be able to buy them at the Hess Gas Stations but Hess I snow selling them on line and they do sell out fast. My son loves them,

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
The luggage set I bought thinking DsonIL would be finishing up his master's degree is now his major Christmas present. He's burned out and is taking a break...isn't even interested in the least right now as to whether or not he ever finishes it.

I bought a watch today for DGS#2 for Christmas. It's like the one I gave DGS#1 for his birthday Saturday.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Jane, Sorry to hear the SIL has pull out of his degree. The good news is you have Christmas taken care of.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
I walked through Big W (like Walmart but only about 1/10th the size and range) with Luke today. he spotted several things for Christmas for him that I would never have thought of getting him. Just stuff he picked up to look at. Im going to go and put it on laybye as soon as he goes to a mates place or goes back to school.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Went to Target to see what toys they have on clearance for DS - ended up getting a Minecraft playset marked down to $24.98 and a set of 12 Peanuts Characters - maybe 2" in height each for $13.48. Got a stocking stuffer of a Super Mario figure for $1.78 and a two of the first Magic Tree House Books for $4 each, down from $6.

Got a few shirts for him for back to school time as well. :)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Tanya, I often do that with my kids. It is amazing at what they see that I have never considered for Christmas. Luckily if my kids see something I will either layby it straight away or get it because at 24 and 29 they know how it works. I just tell them to have Christmas Amnesia and most time by he time they unwrap it it is a surprise. I still try and get them things they know nothing about so that they are really surprised.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I have Christmas lists made and will have to wait to purchase so the can experience the entire year. I am now working on Birthdays all are in the next 3 months 2 in August 3 in September and 1 in Oct.

I believe DD28 will probable get a bicycle rack for her car so she can take it with her when she goes camping.
DD 31 maybe some household items I will have to ask her. Both my girls are wanting to live the life of a minimalist because they don't like maintaining everything.
DS 26 loves movies so he will get movie tickets.

Reactions: tanya and Minta

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I find movie tickets are always a hit. Both of the kids go to the movies quite often.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Received my Amazon order today, Christmas charades game, 1 Bing Cosby cd and 1 Christmas movie. Also received from China 12 silicone muffin thingies (6 will be for me) and 1 bracelet (for me also). Got dd some physio tape from the pharmacy (it was on sale), she uses it alot for her knee.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Some great shopping there Lucie. I am going to the mall this week, will keep an eye out for things for in the stockings.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Awesome shopping everyone!

Picked up some makeup blending balls for my daughters stocking, they were marked down 50%.

Reactions: tanya

jollykelly

Premiere Member
Feb 22, 2015
Lehigh Valley, Pa
Here was a pleasant surprise...I was cleaning out my purse and found a $20 bill in one of the zippered pockets. I have no idea why I stuck it in there, or even when I did. So I went to Toys R Us on my way into work and got a $20 gift card for my church prayer pal for Christmas. Another name crossed off the list and it felt as though it never came out of the budget! (In case you want to know what a prayer pal is - my church assigns each child in the congregation to an adult. The adult is to pray for the child daily). Each year you get assigned a new prayer pal, but by the time Christmas rolls around each year, I feel so close to the child and want to give them a gift.