Looking ahead to HGP 2017...

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
In about a month it will be the end of August...just pause to let THAT sink in! :)

The last Sunday is August is usually the start date of the HGP which this year would be August 27th...

The website has not been updated with the 2017 calendar yet and as I think about it - wasn't there a thread on here somewhere last year about how the HGP wasn't going to be run like normal on the web anymore? I've been trying to search this site for that thread and couldn't find it.

I still plan to run with the HGP - all the weekly info is still available on the website for viewing or download. I don't usually user the printable forms so that won't make much difference to me if those don't get updated. If you are someone that loves the forms we may have to brainstorm about that!

What do you guys remember? Did I dream this announcement last year? lol

Reactions: Minta

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I use portions of the HGP in my Spring cleaning/lead up to Christmas plans.
I think that I have most things written in the planner, I have been stocking up on cleaning supplies so that I have everything I need to complete my jobs.
Will start as soon as the weather heats up a little, usually by September 1st.
One of my most favourite times of the year.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Thank you for the link Minta! I knew there was something out there somewhere!

I'm game to help post weekly threads - or assist with doing it if someone else wants to take the lead. As long as the site stays up we can link to the appropriate weeks and just have the current dates listed in our threads?

I could also work on downloading the content so if worst case - the site breaks or is taken offline we can free lance things? Would that be okay? i wouldn't duplicate the content on my own website, just have copies to be shared in our threads?

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I already started printing out several of the weekly forms as I am hoping that will help me stay on track. I may not follow 100% along as I will rearrange some weeks to better fit my schedule. Plus I think I am going to delegate some of the easier chores listed to the kids :)

jollykelly

Premiere Member
Feb 22, 2015
Lehigh Valley, Pa
I was just thinking about the plans as well. I usually do the HHP plan, but I am thinking this year I may incorporate some aspects of the HGP as well. Of course, I say this before anything has started! I may feel differently 8 weeks in. sigh

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I just saw this FB post and it made me happy and excited ....

"A Special Message--and Good News!--From Cynthia!

Hello, dear Christmas friends. It's me, Cynthia--the warm body behind this Facebook page ... and a whole lot more. With "Christmas in July" upon us, it's time for me to check in and let everyone know about plans for the upcoming holiday season.

Bottom line: I have decided to postpone my retirement, and will continue to publish all the holiday plans, printables, recipes and crafts again for another year or three.

That being said? Prepare for some changes! I'm careening into the season late, unprepared, and with a number of tech challenges to solve before the holiday plans get underway.

In the next three weeks, I'll be gearing up and getting organized to kick off our holiday prep activities with a bang. As I work, I'll pop in to let the community know what I'm doing, and to get your feedback.

So bear with me; I'm returning to the job and looking forward to an organized, joyous holiday season with ALL my friends here on OC."

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Yep, it's July and time to think about HGP :)
I've been adding my HGP checklist/ plan into my day planner - as I carry it with me always, otherwise I may forget what and where I am supposed to be! Looking forward to the deep clean my house needs!

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
I usually do my version of the HHP with a few weeks changed around to suit my home and school finish/ holidays. I also do a few bits from the HGP as well.

farmerswife

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Central Wisconsin
Looking forward to the start of the plans, although I haven't decided which one I will do this year. Most of the time I do a combination of the two. HGP & HHP. Happy Rudolph Day!!!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I've been thinking about this for several weeks, too. I remembered Cynthia saying she was retiring and am joyful to hear that she's going to continue. I do a combination of the two and adjust it to fit what I need to get done. There are only 2 or 3 of the forms I print, but my printer currently isn't working. I need to find time to do that before we leave for Florida next Saturday.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I would love to link up to the FB page so that I can tag along. Please can someone point me in the right direction to find it?

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Found it.....means i can follow along with all the fun.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Wow! I'm so glad I read through this thread. Good news from CEO! I tend to use HHP with elements of HGP.

Reactions: tanya

jollykelly

Premiere Member
Feb 22, 2015
Lehigh Valley, Pa
I say go for it AJ! I am excited, I follow the HHP plan, but this year I am going to add in more of the HGP. Thanks for the link!

Skippy1707

Retire Member
Sep 5, 2016
Wales
I think I might print them out this year and stick them to the cupboards or make a weekly notice about the room Im tackling - wishful thinking that others in the house might help out then! Ive no doubt my 7 year old would help but Im not sure if she would actually be more help or hindrance! but I can still wish!