Crafters Challenge July 16th-July 22nd

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Last week was a slow week for all! Unless all to busy crafting to post! I would assume that life took us all to something else!

I know have major cleaning this week but I have purchased a few things (well Allen did) towards sewing for Christmas.

I have been in the 12 Days of Christmas for years now but kinda at a lost of what to do for it so need to be looking for ideals. BUT ...REALLY need to clean and you know how it can be when you start surfing pinterest or blogs.......Will have to do it before work or shortly before bed!

What is on your list for the week?

HAPPY HAPPY CRAFTING----MY FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I'll be trying to do some cleaning also, Lana! Family is coming at the end of the month.

I've made some progress machine quilting on a quilt that I hope to finish this week. I'm also working on a felt kit Christmas stocking in the evenings. Should start knitting some hats for DGDs for Christmas.

Another project that I've been gathering fabrics for and brainstorming about is a couple of I-Spy quilts for two youngest DGDs' second birthdays.

AND I need to get going on my Christmas exchange cards, but that may be on hold till August after family is gone.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
This morning, I finished the elf hat & scarf for my bear. Monday I go back to the lady so she can continue showing me sock-knitting.IMG_0183 rsz.jpg

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Lucie ~ Cute as can be!

This morning I cut strips of all the fabric I purchased yesterday for the I-Spy quilts and arranged them as best I could lights to darks. Then I made an anniversary card, and finally tried to do a little craftermath control.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Lucie, love it! You are doing great with your classes.

DD, Jaymee made an I Spy quilt. I have bin of fabric for that. Another thing I have thought of doing for great nieces/nephews is an I Spy memory game. I thought of using old jeans for the backing and then I Spy fabric on the front making it alittle smaller that jean piece. Maybe batting or old towels in the middle to lay better. Will see sometime.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Lana ~ Using jeans is a great idea! I'm using two pieces of each fabric so it can also be used for matching. I'm making two quilts so I should have hardly any waste using 4.75" strips then two strips sewn together then sub-cut on the diagonal ... should yield 4 pieces ...2 per quilt.

Last edited:

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Lucie,
That bear is just so adorable.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Cute bear!

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Lucie, the bear is adorable! Does it have a name?

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Nope never thought of giving him a name... good idea. will ask my niece & nephew :)

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I'm on the home stretch with the quilt ... hand sewing the binding. I might decide to do a little more machine quilting, since looking at the back reveals maybe a little too much space between quilting lines.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Yep, I'm doing more machine quilting but should be able to finish it up today!

Happy weekend everyone!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lucie, gorgeous bear!!!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Time has been tight for me lately and for one reason or another I am not crafting at all.
I spoke to my mum and because we have no one that we can give our craft items too we will not be doing any specific crafting in the new year.
I have told the lady that I do the crocheted rugs for that once this wool is gone I will no longer be crocheting for her. It takes way too long to finish a rug at the moment.

I will just do individual things when I feel like it and those things will be for my mum and friends.