Beverages

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Submitted by Cathymac

Noel Spritzer (from Betty Crocker's Celebrate! cookbook)

2 cups chilled white wine, nonalcoholic wine or apple juice
1 cup chilled cran-apple juice cocktail
1 cup sparkling water

Mix wine, juice drink and sparkling water.
Serve over ice. Garnish with apple slices and mint

Makes 6 servings, 3/4 cup each

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Submitted by Patteemom

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Hot-Butter ... etail.aspx
We make hot buttered rum drinks every Christmas eve. The kids get it with just hot water or add it to apple cider. It is also go in your coffee. The batter is good mixed with all sorts of things, you don't have to use rum.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Here's one that is great, winter or summer. The original recipe was in a Taste of Home Halloween magazine several years ago. I served it at Fourth of July and at Halloween...and had requests for it at Christmas!

Lemon Cider
1 gallon apple juice or cider
1 can frozen lemonade concentrate
1 cup sugar
sliced lemons and apples for garnish, if desired

In a large container (the one I use is probably two gallons), pour apple juice or cider over ice. Add the frozen lemonade concentrate and follow package directions for adding water (the one I use calls for 3 cans). Stir in sugar, add sliced lemons and apples...granny smiths are great for this, because they are tart anyway. The lemonade keeps them pretty.

I've never made it warm before, but I'm sure it's good. You can also add some cinnamon sticks or mint sprigs, if desired.

zchristy

Santa's Elves
Christmas Eggnog Latte

An amazing treat for coffee lovers, and non-coffee lovers alike! This is the favorite of my family's because it is not too sweet and has a very creamy taste without being too rich. My Mom gave me the ultimate compliment last Christmas eve by asking me to make her one, even though she knew she is so sensitive to caffeine, that it would keep her up until it was time to put the turkey in the oven! ;)

Ingredients:
Eggnog (we use the thick eggnog from Costco), milk, espresso, whipped cream, cinnamon or nutmeg.

Directions:
If you are using a espresso maker, prepare espresso machine...grinf coffee and get ready. When filling the water compartment, add a small amount of water more than you will need for the coffee to allow for the steaming of the milk/eggnog mix.

Start brewing the espresso and while doing that, fill a mug half full, with a blend of about 2 parts eggnog and 1 part milk in mug.

When the espresso begins perking, flip to steam and steam the milk/eggnog mixture using thermometer (careful, because the eggs in eggnog scald easier then milk - -I usually steam until ~ 65C/150F).

When you're done, flip back to the espresso setting let the espresso finish brewing.

Add a shot of espresso to the steamed eggnog/milk and garnish with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon or nutmeg.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Found this one - Caramel apple spice drink

http://rootsandwingsco.blogspot.com/2009/09/caramel-apple-spice-drink-aka-apple-pie.html

Ingredients:
Cinnamon syrup (You can buy it from Starbucks)
Apple juice or Apple cider
Whipped cream
Carmel syrup drizzled on top

Directions:
Pour Apple Juice or Apple Cider into your mug and stir in about 1 teaspoon of the Cinnamon syrup. Heat in the microwave to desired temperature. Top with whipped cream and drizzle caramel syrup on top. Enjoy!
This recipe is from CDKitchen for Starbucks' Caramel Apple Cider serves/makes 1

Reactions: housewife2

zairaong

Retire Member
Mar 18, 2010
Mango shake

1 Ripe Mango
4 tsp Sugar
1 cup Milk
Essence, as per requirement

How to make Mango Shake:
  1. Boil the milk and allow it to cool down to room temperature.
  2. Peel and cut the mango and crush in a mixer.
  3. Pour the milk and sugar; grind once again.
  4. Serve chill.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Snow Cocoa

from my Gooseberry Patch Cookbook

Stir this hot cocoa all together in the slow cooker and then plug in before going out for winter activities

2 c. whipping cream
6 c. milk
1 t. vanilla extract
12 oz pkg. white chocolate chips
Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker. Heat on low for 2 to 2,5 hours or until chocolate is melted and mixture is hot. Stir well to blend before serving.

Makes 10 servings.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Lou's Wassail

2 sticks cinnamon, broken
1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
1 Tablespoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon grated allspice
2 quarts apple cider
2/3 cup lemon juice
2 cups orange juice
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar

Make a spice bag with the spices and place the bag in a large pot along with the combined juices. Bring mixture to a boil. Remove from heat. Add sugars and stir to dissolve. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Remove spice bag and heat before serving.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Made this for a party last Christmas and people went nuts! And I had made the rookie mistake of only having enough for one batch :(

Pomegranate-Champagne Punch

• 1/2 cup water
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 2 750-ml bottles chilled brut Champagne
• 1 1/2 cups white rum
• 1 1/4 cups pomegranate juice
• 1 large lemon, thinly sliced
• Pomegranate seeds
• Fresh mint leaves
• 1 ice block

Bring 1/2 cup water and sugar to boil in small saucepan, stirring until sugar dissolves. Simmer 5 minutes. Cool syrup completely.

Combine Champagne, rum, and pomegranate juice in punch bowl. Add enough syrup to sweeten to taste. Mix in lemon slices, pomegranate seeds, and mint leaves. Add ice block to bowl.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am going to try the Splashberry drink that I had at IHop in Anaheim when I was there a few years ago.

It is simply crushed strawberries placed in the bottom of a glass, topped with Sprite and a splash of orange juice. I am going to serve this at my Christmas Eve lunch which this year will be fresh fruit and cheeses. (remember it is Summer here for Christmas).

Last edited:

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
Found this one - Caramel apple spice drink i love that drink from starbucks will make it now in the fall
http://rootsandwingsco.blogspot.com/2009/09/caramel-apple-spice-drink-aka-apple-pie.html

Ingredients:
Cinnamon syrup (You can buy it from Starbucks)
Apple juice or Apple cider
Whipped cream
Carmel syrup drizzled on top

Directions:
Pour Apple Juice or Apple Cider into your mug and stir in about 1 teaspoon of the Cinnamon syrup. Heat in the microwave to desired temperature. Top with whipped cream and drizzle caramel syrup on top. Enjoy!
This recipe is from CDKitchen for Starbucks' Caramel Apple Cider serves/makes 1