HHP 2017 starts September 3rd

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I saw on the HGP forum here that CEO is going to be back this year for HGP and HHP! I am so happy. :)

I took a peek at the schedule and it looks like we begin on Sunday September 3rd! That's less than four weeks. For those who are new, here's a link describing the differences between the two plans:
http://holidaygrandplan.com/holiday-plans/grand-plan-house-holidays-which-one-for-you

Who else will be joining me this year with the HHP?

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Im in.. well for most of it anyway... there a few weeks that I move things around due to our school holidays, school end of year time and the actual structure/ layout of our home.... But for me this plan works best... I do put a few bits in from the HGP where it suits me.

Im excited!

Reactions: Minta

jollykelly

Premiere Member
Feb 22, 2015
Lehigh Valley, Pa
I'm in......just like Tanya I throw in a few bits of HGP, but follow the HHP. I am excited! I was so thankful for the plan and the support from this fabulous group of ladies last year.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am waiting until the official start of Spring. September 1st!!!
Then let the organizing begin.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I can't wait to get started this year.

I won't have much to do in the way of cleaning as I am moving next week to a new place that has been updated, painted and cleaned, but I will have a lot of re-organizing to do as well as Christmas prep!

Skippy1707

Retire Member
Sep 5, 2016
Wales
I seriously cant wait - this every year helps me to be so much better organised with all the christmas prep and housework - and especially with working now it means that I have so much more focus on my days off rather than sitting on my backside and slacking off. It also means I am well ahead of myself since american / british houses are laid out differently - I feel a great sense of achievement when I manage to keep on top of it all

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
I get so thrilled at the idea of starting HHP each year. In recent years we've had so much critical illness and death to handle that this year I was super excited to get back on track and make this the best Christmas. Now, we are facing a hurricane threat with MAJOR flooding potential this weekend. Geesh, would someone send Mother Nature the darn memo that we are prepping for Christmas and don't have time for this. I pray all this is behind us and all is well so that I can get started with all of you wonderful Christmas angels. I may be late, depending on damage and available utilities, but I'll be here. Go away Harvey!

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Skippy1707

Retire Member
Sep 5, 2016
Wales
ejagno - I hope everything goes smoothly for you with Hurricane Harvey. x

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Mel - How was your move?
Skippy - I understand what you mean. I've noticed that when I don't have a plan, I slack off. That is good sometimes but not for the long haul.
Twink - Don't let the plan overwhelm you. Just do what you can do and progress from there. The ladies here are very encouraging.
Ellen - It is so good to see you here. I've missed you the past two years. You've had a lot on your plate. I just heard about Hurricane Harvey. Ugh! I hope it doesn't strengthen.

GeeWibble

Premiere Member
Mar 29, 2008
NY
I'm so excited to start getting ready for the Holiday Season! The past couple years, work has kept me so busy I just couldn't do any pre-Christmas organizing and it showed with doing last minute decorating, cooking, wrapping all the things that I enjoy doing when things are planned out with HHP.

Reactions: Skippy1707

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Ellen - thinking of you and all the people in Texas and Louisiana.

Debbie - Nice to see you here.

Reactions: Skippy1707

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Good morning lovely people of Magical Holiday Home. It is I, Aggy, back in time for the countdowns. This year I'm following a little of both plans as I'm in the process of changing some things at home. My goal is to be done (home wise) before the holidays. Sorry I've been away. Just been very very busy. But you guys are always on my mind. I do drop by the facebook page from time to time just to see how folks are doing.

jollykelly

Premiere Member
Feb 22, 2015
Lehigh Valley, Pa
Welcome Back Aggy!!

Reactions: aggy

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
This makes me feel better. For some reason I thought it started this past Sunday and I missed the first week already. Phewww.....But with that said I am gone next week so I did alot of prep work already to make up for that week.

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
Harvey made his 3rd landfall right at my front door this morning. As unusual and uncharacteristic for a tropical system as this was, all of the severe weather, tornado's and catastrophic flooding remained west of this system. We had sustained winds averaging between 28-38 mph with a few higher gusts and a very light rain most of the day but that was it at my house. While my thoughts and prayers continue for those affected I can't tell you how happy and blessed I feel right now. Most importantly, I will be able to enjoy the HHP journey from it's beginning with all of you.

farmerswife

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Central Wisconsin
I'm in! I do a combo of the HGP and the HHP. I love the order in which the HHP breakdowns the rooms/projects of the holiday, it flows more naturally for me, but the extra prep reminders from the HGP.

Here's to a an organized, fun filled, and merry season!