2017 HHP - Me and Mine Week

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Here's what I'd like to get done this week:

Household Checklist:
  • Declutter, clean and organize the Master Bedroom. Work in progress
  • Go through the clothes closet and bureau. I'll sort through the summer clothes and make decisions on some items that I don't think I wore. It's still warm enough to keep them out. Done
Holiday Prep Checklist
  • Inventory holiday cards, gift wrap, and mailing supplies. Done
  • Update Christmas card list. Done
  • Update address book for Christmas cards. Done
  • Buy Christmas cards. I will check to see how much were left over from last year. Done
  • Plan "me" time for November and December. I did this last year and it seemed to really help me enjoy the season more. Done
  • Go through gift box for bought items. I have to inventory some of the gifts and determine to whom they will go and start purchasing stocking stuffers. Done
Still to Do:
  • Find and order group shots of our family vacations.
  • Work on making one of the photo books this week.
  • Gather information on one paternal ancestor this week.
What are you planning to do this week?

Last edited:

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
My tasks for the week are:

Household Checklist:
fix door - done
clean windows - done
organize dresser - done

Holiday Prep Checklist:
inventory cards and wrap - done
make Christmas card list - done

Have a great week!

Last edited:
Reactions: Holiday_Mom

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
This Week's Household Checklist
  • Declutter, clean and organize the Master Bedroom. I have recently deep cleaned my Master Bedroom but I do have a few drawers that still need to be decluttered so I'll take one morning to get this done.
  • Decorate your restorative space. Done
  • Tackle the clothes closet. We are still in the upper 80's so my summer clothes are staying put for now. I do need to go through my old summer clothes.
This Week's Holiday Prep Checklist
  • Inventory holiday cards, gift wrap, and mailing supplies. Done
  • Make a Christmas card list. Getting list updated.
  • Use a computer address book for Christmas cards. My card list and address book is on-line.
  • Print address labels for Christmas cards. Waiting to get updated addresses.
  • Order, buy or print Christmas cards or letters. Picture for card needs to be set up this week.
  • Plan personal pampering sessions, and add them to December's calendar. Hair and nails scheduled around holiday gatherings & parties.
  • Set aside a gift closet or create a gift box; inventory any previously-purchased gifts. Done

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Im still behind from previous weeks. But I need to get my wardrobe sorted out. I have too many things that I either dont love anymore or don't wear. I need to love them, wear them or let them go. My room will really need 2 weeks to do so I aim to get the walk in wardrobe done this week and eve the other stuff for a week later in the plan when I have a free week.

I still have to sit down and check what needs doing with the Christmas prep. I think I have already done some of it earlier in the year.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Household Checklist
  • Declutter, clean and organize the Master Bedroom- Ours is pretty good since we are still freshly moved in, but I could stand to go through my clothes again and weed out more things that don't fit. All our wall stuff still needs to be hung up as well.
  • Decorate your restorative space- Working on this. Our front room is the "Calm Room" or restorative space and it still needs some work.
Holiday Prep Checklist
  • Inventory cards, gift wrap, mailing supplies- I have gift wrap and some cards, but will need more.
  • Make a Christmas Card List- Waiting on list for MHH exchange.
  • GIft Closet- No idea where we will hide gifts in this new house. Need to figure this out.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I updated the addresses. Whew! That took a few hours this year. Lots to update.

Gift wrap is in good shape. I will need more cards though.

Schedule the me time. Not sure what I'll do but it will be something to do with Christmas. :)

Twink

MHH Member
Jul 22, 2015
I'm still behind from weeks 1 and 2 also. Will try to finish up here and there. My room is already pretty much done but I have a couple of big things to do like shampooing the carpet and washing the windows. The closet is overflowing because I have both summer and fall clothes in there. You never know from day to day if it will be hot or cold, so I'll keep both in there for a couple more weeks. I don't send Christmas cards so I can check that off. You guys are great motivators and I hope I can keep up!

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Week 3 – Me and Mine Week – (the Master Bedroom)

I'm ahead on this one. I got started in August because I knew this area really needed some work. HUGE thing this week was I spent a lot of time on the phone with Apple and after about 17000 items deleted from my computer I think they found what was glitching my Photo program. And they managed to do so without wiping my computer. Thank God. Hopefully my holiday photos will go more smoothly this year!

House:
  • Inventory holiday cards, gift wrap, and mailing supplies. DONE.
  • Declutter, organize and rejuvenate the Master Bedroom. - Good shape. Needs more.
  • Move all holiday boxes to their new home (which is OUT of my attic and bedroom).
  • Flylady Zone -- Master & Upstairs (Yay-- they line up!)

Holiday:
  • Make a Christmas card list.
  • Print return address labels for Christmas cards
  • Start the Christmas letter. (I think i missed it last year).
  • Order, buy or print Christmas cards or letters
  • Plan personal pampering sessions, and add them to December's calendar.
  • Tidy up gift closet; inventory any previously-purchased gifts.

Twink - you are doing great! It always amazes me how this gets easier year after year. Each time I do this plan I find something to streamline and I'm always so thankful for that the following year! :)

Twink

MHH Member
Jul 22, 2015
Cindylouwho - Thanks for the encouragement! I'm slowly getting into the swing of things here. What I'm finding that I like about this plan is that it is keeping me focused on one room at a time. Usually I'm all over the place and nothing gets completely done. I might not finish everything but this is better than doing nothing!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I won't get to finish the Master Bedroom this week. I'm heading out tomorrow night for a weekend family reunion.
I did order a bunch of Christmas cards.

Cindylouwho - I hate when things take longer than you ever think.

Twink - Where ever you are in the plan is okay. The ladies here have reminded me when I felt behind that I was really ahead in the big picture.

I hope everyone is having a good week!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I am pushing myself to get this week's tasks done today. This week has been hectic and stressful, so I haven't been able to get anything done on my list.

I have gotten a few things done this morning and will work on the rest throughout the day.

ETA - I did it!! I even got caught up on the tasks from the last two weeks that I was behind on. It feels good to be caught up.

Last edited:

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
I got nothing done! I have seriously never bee this far before.
I did the Christmas prep or had already done most of it.

I will do my room when I get a free week. In honesty the room itself is fine- mostly drawers to go through and the wardrobe- big job!

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I seem to be few days behind on this circuit. Hopefully I'll get back to posting my followup on Sundays. Here's what I finished up last weekend but didn't post:

House:
  • Inventory holiday cards, gift wrap, and mailing supplies. DONE.
  • Declutter, organize and rejuvenate the Master Bedroom. - DONE. (With what is critical anyway.)
  • Move all holiday boxes to their new home (which is OUT of my attic and bedroom). DONE. (Yay!)
  • Flylady Zone -- Master & Upstairs (Yay-- they line up!) DONE.

Holiday:
  • Make a Christmas card list. -- Already in Excel so DONE.
  • Print return address labels for Christmas cards DONE.
  • Start the Christmas letter. (I think i missed it last year). - Uh. Nope. Not done.
  • Order, buy or print Christmas cards or letters - I have them. Mmmm... should do a photo. Thinking...
  • Plan personal pampering sessions, and add them to December's calendar. Right. No time. ;)
  • Tidy up gift closet; inventory any previously-purchased gifts. DONE.

jollykelly

Premiere Member
Feb 22, 2015
Lehigh Valley, Pa
This is where I left off before my usually mundane schedule make a sharp right turn into Chaosville. In the master bedroom I completed all tasks except for the closet. All I have left is to clean out the floor of the closet. I threw some items there that I either wanted to donate or throw out. Then just do some general maintenance cleaning. I believe I also completed all of the other tasks, with the exception of the Christmas letter. I have never really done that and certainly do not plan on starting now!