Gift closet 2017

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
OH that reminds me to look for Lilac soap for Ddil.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
i bought myself a elf shirt at work today and 2 magnets for the fridge. sometimes just gotta buy for yourself

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I got stocking suffers I ordered in the mail today.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
i recently bought for me too. I got some nice gel pens and some sticky to do lists for in my planner. Will go in my stocking.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Back from the mall. Got DS the DVD series that he enjoys watching, NCIS and The Big Bang Theory as well as a few other movie. He watches a movie every night and it is what he likes most for Christmas. A lot of the summer clothes are coming into KMart and I got a few tee shirts for me. Got my mum some pants and a shirt that I will put away.
Also there were some funky socks for DH for $2.oo a pair. He doesn't need them now but I have bought them for his Christmas stocking for next year. Too good a price to pass up.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Katrina, already next year's Christmas stocking? you go girl!

Bought dniece a t-shirt and a long-sleeved wool sweater (her bday in December + Christmas)

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Great job, everyone .. I feel so behind. I haven't bought anything in a while. I do need to start picking stocking stuffers.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Minta, we still have plenty of time......

Reactions: Minta

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Minta, we still have plenty of time......
Thanks .. now that the kids are getting older its getting harder to shop early for them. I am just used to being able to pick up stuff year long. Guess those days are limited :(

Brights side is that we will get our christmas club check at the end of next month, just in time for black friday shopping LOL

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Yesterday, I got the glass nail files i ordered in the mail. More stocking stuffers done.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I will be wrapping the stocking fillers early October. My mum and I will wrap them all, put on some music, have some lunch, really get in the spirit.
We like to wrap early and then we will know if we need to buy more or if we are ok.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
YAY .. I finally picked up a few small gifts for my son today

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Started to really feel like I am getting back into the game here .. picked up several more gifts last night. Our son got the Star wars Disney infinity gaming system for his birthday and wanted more of the star wars characters well right now Toys r us has a sale going on .. Buy 1 get 4 free!!! So last night we got 5 for the price of 1. Also stopped by bath and body works and picked up some fall scented hand soaps along with a few extras for gifts.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Minta, what an amazing find with the Star Wars figures. Well done!! If there was a bath and body works here I would be in so much trouble LOL.

One of our very large department stores will be closing in our mall in April 2019. It is a very big 3 level store. When I was in there a few days back they had some great items. This will be a shop that I frequent heavily over the next few months and try to get as many bargains as I can. I am not sure what will be opening there as it is a huge space, hopefully something amazing.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Katrina ... thanks .. A lot of times I have to stop my self from going onto Bath and Body works cause I could easily buy half of the store and it doesn't help there is a store 5 minutes from my work. The only reason I went the other day was because I found a long forgotten gift card there plus they emailed me a $10 off when you spend $30 or more plus another coupon for a free bottle of lotion. so after sale, coupons and gift card I spent $10 cash out of pocket for 10 bottles of hand soap and 1 bottle of lotion :) So now I am safe to stay away from there for a while LOL.

Hope you score some great deals as they close up the mall and reopen it with something great.

Reactions: sweetpumkinpye

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
My list is seriously getting shorter. Week by week. Bit by bit.

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I'm finished for the girls. I wrapped all their presents this week. My only issue is my oldest doesn't have much variety. She wanted an expensive Lego set, but I'd like to get a few other things that would be interesting for her that aren't Lego. She'll be 7....going on 60. Not much into toys, so she is very hard to buy for. I try to make sure the kids' presents balance out in both what I spend and the number of gifts under the tree.....the exception being for the baby of course. She doesn't need anything, so she just has a few things so the others don't feel like she was forgotten.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
FS way to go on the gifts. You are really ahead of the game.

I am grocery shopping on Friday this week and want to look for a few stocking fillers for DH, his stocking box looks very empty at this stage. I might try and find a cheap paperback or something a bit bigger to try and make his stocking look fuller.
I think that the kids are OK but will see when I wrap.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
FS - you are doing great. How about something to craft for your oldest ds? like big knitting needles or a crochet with some yarn?