Crafters Challenge October 15th-October 21st, 2017

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Hi Everybody!!!!

REALLY sorry for the late start. Had computer unhooked and just hooked it up to start this.

I am hoping to sew while off this week BUT also trying to move stuff around to get room made so...... I am not feeling the sewing fittling in. Will move computer and probably sewing machine table to my room. Have sewing stuff in the bedroom Teigan calls hers (Jaymees old room) and then computer and craft stuff was in the 4th bedroom which will become a bedroom now.

I will be waiting to hear what you all are working on!

What are your plans?

Have a GREAT crafting week!!!!

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Back to the countdown calendars for dgds 1 & 4 hope to get them done this week. After that the I Spy book I am creating for dgd 6

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I have plans to go with a friend to an Open Sew at a local quilt shop. We are going to work on placemats. Then I have a Creative U event I'm going to on Thursday. In the meantime, I need to work on the I-Spy quilt and try to get it sandwiched, quilted, bound, wrapped and mailed.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Finally got a burst of crafting done!!! Squared off then cut and tied the fringe on the fleece blanket I am making as a gift. Now I just need to iron on the applique pieces that I've cut with fusible webbing attached. I'll do some simple blanket stitching around each one and then the blanket will be finished and ready to wrap!

Need to get back to work on felt needle book and other sewing accessory gifts I have planned for a friend!

I also want to get started on cork/bean keychains project. You just twist a eye hook into a wine cork and attach a key chain ring and then add beads on cording to the other end of the cork with another eye hook. I have all the supplies including some beautiful big beads I scored at JoAnn's on clearance a few weeks ago. Should be a quick project, making several as stocking stuffers!

Reactions: Miss JoDee

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
AJ ~ You're reminding me of the corks I saved from DD's wedding. I want to make her Christmas ornament(s) with them at some point. I'm not sure I have enough to make a decent sized wreath. Those keychains might make cute ornaments ?

Yesterday I got the I-Spy quilt sandwiched (may start quilting today ... need to figure out how I'm going to do it first), the lion hat and tail finished (ready to get mailed), and worked on a CCS poinsettia.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I have one of the Christmas countdown calendars embellished. Will get the other one done this week (I hope.)

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
My felt cookies are done and are now on my Cookie monster costume which is complete.

Reactions: jampss

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Great work, everyone! :)

I applied the applique shapes to the fleece blanket last night. Accidentally ironed one of them to my pressing cloth - UGH! Had to trace and cut another shape but I got it done! Now I just need to stitch each shape down and then the blanket will be done!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
It does sound like a lot of progress is being made this week!

I finished the binding on the I-Spy quilt, so it could be considered done, but I think I'm going to put a little more quilting on it. I also have a dish cloth about 3/4 done. I should be able to finish it today at the Creative U seminar. I need to plan a time to sit down with a friend to teach her my newly discovered cast on method for hats.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Yep, I'm doing a little more quilting on the I-Spy quilt, finished the knit dish cloth and scheduled time to knit with Kathy.

I've been updating my gigantic (overwhelming) list of WIPs, UFOs, PIGS and Brain Bunnies. I need to go through my many bins to be sure I've listed everything (which I know I haven't). On my MSWord document, it's 2+ pages long, but spaced out a bit, although two categories are listed side-by-side.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
dd left with the cookie monster costume (seems it was cool!) so I don't have pictures but when I do I'll post them

Reactions: jampss