Gift closet 2017

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Finally got DH gumboots today. Those buggers were hard to find but after 3 trips to the hardware they are bought. Now to try and wrap them!!!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Ordered 3 things from DH's Amazon wish list yesterday! Other than stocking stuffers he is done! Also ordered another Xbox game for DS. And a few things for my sister's boyfriend from his wish list. Now I just need it all to show up so I can wrap it!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Ordered another Christmas dvd (for me!) and a Christmas CD (will be for next year as I already have 2 wrapped and ready to be brought by the elf)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Found some lovely jigsaw puzzles yesterday so will put one away for a gift for me. I will do it in the winter months.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Katrina I love doing puzzles during the winter months!

Got a sweater for dniece yesterday. I think I'm pretty much done for nieces and nephews (just missing one gift card).

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
We finally started our shopping! We picked up:

Color changing Smart bulbs for DD and DS, they can control them with their phones
Simon Optix game for Eli
I have pineapple earrings hidden for DD as well
I ordered DH a motorcycle jacket and bluetooth headsets with intercom systems for the bike

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
My gift closet has one item in it so far - a make up sponge for Sophia (needed one for myself and it was buy one, get one free so I figured I'd pick up one for her stocking). We use the Amazon Wish List feature for her gifts - we did the seven things gift-giving last year - something you want, something you need, something to wear, something to read; something to make, something to eat, and something else. She loads up her Amazon Wish List all year and then has a deadline of November 15 to clean it up and move things to the need, want, wear, etc. sub-lists. I go in and pick things and have them sent to her (since this will most likely be another Christmas on two coasts for us). She gets things she'd like from her lists, but she just doesn't know exactly what those things might be.

Love this idea! I think i'm going to make DH and DD and DS start this for next year!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Thanks Katrina! And YES, thank you Mary!!! I really appreciate the kind offer! I'm looking for an XBox 360 4GB Console - then main reason I want it is so that I can also buy the Minecraft game for XBox 360 as well.

Unfortunately, I have a feeling that only the XBox One version will be coming up on sale since they'll be pushing their newest product. Hope I'm wrong!

We just have terrible internet at our house and I do NOT want a game system that has to be online to be played - I think the plain ole 360 will work just fine for us.

I'm going to keep looking and researching as well! I looked at Walmart's site and they had them for better prices but only in "refurbished" - so I'm not sure about that part yet.

Unfortunately i've heard that they are no longer going to be making the 360, not sure how true that is but that may be why you are only seeing the refurbished systems. :( Just read that you did find one, Yay! Glad you got it!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DS and I did some online shopping yesterday. He bought his sister some packing cubes for in her suitcase. I bought him his fire resistant underwear for his race suit and he bought himself the race suit.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Thanks for the tip, Mrs.Soup - I'm not surprised to hear it. Companies always phase out the old and bring in the new to keep our $ flowing. I think what we've got will provide YEARS of play. DS still plays the heck out of our original Wii game system too.

Did some online shopping this morning at the Kohls Black Friday sale - got 4 plush throws, a necklace and a chapstick gift set for gifts, plus a shirt for me and a couple of shirts for DS - free shipping and only $53 after all my Kohls Cash and discounts.

My ordered items from Amazon have been steadily arriving. The Mousetrap board bame for DS came Saturday. Now I just need to get wrapping!!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Great shopping there AJ, sounds like a great haul.
I am waiting on orders placed on the weekend. I also just need to finish up a gift basket to my mum from the kids.
Need to go to Ikea with DH this weekend as he wants to look at something for his dad there.
I think I am nearly done.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Im on the home stretch now.... almost done.. anything I pick up now is either a bonus, for next year or for birthday.

jollykelly

Premiere Member
Feb 22, 2015
Lehigh Valley, Pa
Great job Katrina and Tanya!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Got a magazine subscription for dd (gift from Santa)
Ordered a crochet case for knitting lady.

Missing just a few minor things - I can say I'm almost 90% done

Reactions: jollykelly

jollykelly

Premiere Member
Feb 22, 2015
Lehigh Valley, Pa
that's awesome Lucie!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I ordered PJ's for the kids from Mrs. Claus and picked up a Bath and Body Works set for DD. I also got the water bottle paracord handles for the kids stockings. DS a lamp. I also got DD The Whale diffuser from doTerra.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
When my mum and I were at the mall yesterday the supermarket had a men's Nivea grooming pack for $20 with 5 items in it.
When we looked at the shelf price for each item individually it came to over $40. We both picked up a pack for the 'boys' for gifts throughout the year.

Reactions: Miss JoDee

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
We did some shopping last night and then went back out shopping again today. We got the kids completely done except for the candy. We only have a few more gifts and gift cards to get for extended family and couple more thing that dh and I need to get for each other and we will be done!!!! Feels so good to have so much done.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
ordered some stuff on Amazon this morning and got some fluffy socks for nieces tonight as well as fluffy slippers for dd

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
DH and DS are done and I think DD is too. Eli is hard this year because i'm not buying toys because he doesn't play with what he has. I just got done ordering DS a drone and extra battery and DD and Eli full face snorkel masks. We picked Eli up a remote control truck yesterday.

I really just have stocking stuff left for everyone but Eli.