Crafters Challenge January 14th- 20th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
A month will be halfway thru!!!

DD, that is great about Iris sewing--love it! How old is she? I tell Teigan when she is 5 I will get her a sewing machine will see. Mine isn't out like it use to be when I had the sewing room.

Last week I did hem some pants. I crocheted 3 small scubbies and a large one. I used netting and cotton yarn together. Would like to continue but I DO NOT want to buy anything so I can use up what I have BUT not sure which of the zillion totes what fabric is in which! Have netting in one!!!!

You all are really moving on stuff this year!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Iris and I will surely do more crafting in the next few days while she's here. She wants to make some penguin hair clips for her friends and who knows what other ideas she will generate.

Once family leaves, I'll be able to get back to the I-Spy quilt for Julia. I don't look forward to trying to piece the backing. I'll also get back to working on Sonja's Christmas stocking in the evenings.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
So nice to see the young ones learning to sew!

been looking at crafts on pinterest o_O

Reactions: jampss

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I made butterflies to put on a scarf that a friend asked me to make for her granny. I really enjoyed making these yesterday.IMG_1984.JPG

Reactions: GrammaDeb

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Made another card last night:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/25871080848/in/dateposted-public/

Opened my package from Amazon last night that was supposed to have MI wolverines fleece in it for my blanket project for DH. Only to find Penn State fleece instead :(

Returning it and will have to either try to order it again or buy some somewhere else. There is just not a good selection at local stores though...ugh!!!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I pulled out a lot of crafting items to take to Dgds when we head go out on Sat. (We will stay the week while DS is at a conference.) Since I no longer teach American Girl Doll Club I no longer need to hold onto so many things. The girls will have lots of things to create with and I will have the supplies handy when I visit and they want to do a craft with Grandma. Now I need to pack it and put it in the car.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
AJ ~ Great card! I’m a bicycle fan! What a shame about the fabric order.

Jody ~ Hope you enjoy crafting with your DGDs as much as I did with Iris this last weekend.

I posted on my blog pictures of what we did together. So much fun!

Last edited:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
AJ - another beautiful card. you have great ideas.
DD - great work with Iris :)

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
AJ, great job

Jody, my they will love that. I have a board on pinterest for 18" doll items.

DD, looks nice and bet was fun.

Tonight I took in a pair of my jeans and patched nephews shorts. Nothing fun!

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Any craft or other ideas as to what I could do with these. I have 44 of them.IMG_0521.JPG

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Decouapodge (I know completely wrong) napkins onto to them. Roll them in Epsom salt and make a candle holder. I did that--found on pinterest.

Somebody will come up with a lot better ideals.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
How about those vases where you put a mini-scene into it ? (Christmas, winter)
They could be painted with flowers on them or wrapped with cord (nautical theme).

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I've done the decoupage with napkins and they turn out very nice. My blog shows one with the red placemats and table topper I made. It was done with a poinsettia napkin and I put a battery-powered candle in it. Would make nice gifts (44 gifts!). You could take a few of them to use for seasonal table decor. Summer, sand and sea shells; Fall, leaves or nuts in the shell; Christmas, ornaments; Winter, snow scene; Spring, flowers and birds/butterflies; Easter, beautiful Easter eggs ...

Reactions: jampss

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
As the girls have said in Easter/Spring type napkins and fill with tiny Easter eggs for an Easter gift.
Similar with Valentines napkins and put either chocolate hearts or battery operated candles.
Fill with home made scented bath salts and wrap in cellophane.
Fill with a little bit of soil and a tiny little succulent, and some gravel.
For Christmas, label them for the 25 days of Christmas and put a tiny gift or treat in each one and use it as a countdown.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Oh wonderful ideas. The cups are about 4" high. They are only 3.4oz. and made of plastic/acrylic. The picture is a little deceiving I think they are sometimes called tasting cups.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Oh, I didn't look close enough! They are dessert glasses. Make dessert, of course! LOL

I really like the Advent idea, Katrina!

I'm off to a Creative U craft seminar this morning with a couple friends. The focus is organization! I need lots of that. DH is working with me to design a new sewing table and go talk to a local office furniture place that could custom build it for me. We want to get their estimate and compare the price to what I can buy ready-made. Theirs, of course, would be much better quality, and I would get exactly what I want. They built a desk for us a few years ago for a great price with the exact l-shaped configuration that we wanted. It's really beautiful!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I made a squashed rat bookmark for a friend of DD25! LOL :pBookmark.jpg