January 2018 De-clutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Late this afternoon I started the cabinets above the stove. Washed them out and washed the dishes stored there. Have several draining and put away others. Threw out several lids with no containers. Containers without lids I put into a Wal-Mart sack and gave to my sister. She manages the Centralia Animal Shelter so thought for food or water and also threw in some rags. She came by to pick up the 7 Wal-Mart bags of newspapers that I had from work for the shelter. She had had 65 cats at one time and went thru her papers.

Would love to get thru the cabinets this week-end but will see. Monday is a holiday.

Reactions: jampss

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Finished the kitchen. Emptied and tidied the pantry. Threw out some expired food but not too much so that was good. Re organised things so that they work a bit better. Kitchen done.!!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I do to work on the floor of my food pantry today.

Last edited:

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
The kitchen cabinets are done with the exception of under the sink. And the pot and pan cabinet. Have some vases to do something with. Allen has to fix under the sink the floor on one side. Would like to find a couple storage bins then. Still not much went out but all in order and looks so nice. Have some mugs we don't use but will go in a cabinet with dead space in it. Hoping this kicks Allen into doing a few things in the kitchen now.

This week I think is pantry week but it was done before Christmas so may use this week (in between all) for dining room. China cabinet and buffet needs cleaned out. On FB Bowl Full of Lemons.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lana, I too am following A Bowl Full of Lemons. I have done the kitchen and the pantry so this week is a free week for me. Good because I have a lot of appointments this week so would not have the time.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have a couple of Christmas themed dishes that I will give to my mum today.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I bought 4 new sweaters... so I need to get rid of some I have. Got 3 in the donation bag. Emptied almost all the Sears file as I cancelled the card today.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Last week I took lots of craft items to dgds. So now I need to straighten up the area it all came from and sort out some more stuff and get a donation pile started.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I have a few bags in Dh car for GoodWill and I dropped off some kitchen items to DS this morning.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Wow. It’s almost time for ... February Decluttering!

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I cleaned out the master bathroom cabinets and gave away full bottles of shampoo and conditioner of a brand we no longer user to family member. Also have a trash bag full of clothes the kids no longer wear or don't fit anymore. These will get donated.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Good job everyone on your efforts.
I have fallen off the wagon a bit but will start again when it cools down.