Beating the Post Christmas Blues

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Thank you Lucie XOXO

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Katrina, how are you doing now? Is you dd moving far?

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I like your Christmas kick off box. I usually try and do the 12 days of Christmas or a full 25day advent some years..and I always try and put the fun Christmas themed gifts early in the month so they can be used longer.

It's funny, as much as I LOVE my Christmas decorations I feel the same way as FrostyShimmer after I put it all away. Everything looks clear and clean again....I guess it's why we switch out things so they are always new..right!?

I do volunteer for a group in February called Project Valentine. Come January while I'm putting Christmas away my crafting thoughts go to making valentine cards, it doesn't always take away the blues but it helps me start crafting right away. I think my Christmas blues really only last from the 26th to the New Year. I just think about what I wish would of happened, instead of finding joy in what did happen. BUT I consciously try to think about that now and avoid those feelings. I keep going back to what people have said here that they enjoy the process as much as the actual day and to find joy in that and hold on to it. It's not just about one day, but about EVERYTHING that goes with it. That means alot to me.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mary, thank you for asking.
I am doing OK, have moments of sadness. DD has only moved about a 10 minute drive away and she comes over every Thursday night for dinner.
Change has always been hard for me but I know that it is inevitable. Just something new to get used to.

Last edited:

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Katrina, I've struggled with change myself. It's not easy.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Mary, thank you for asking.
I am doing OK, have moments of sadness. DD has only moved about a 10 minute drive away and she comes over every Thursday night for dinner.
Change has always been hard for me but I now that it is inevitable. Just something new to get used to.
You have done a wonderful job of raising an independent daughter. If she wasn't this way you would be a lot sadder. Rejoice in her move. It could be half a world away.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Dierdra, absolutely agree. DD is a wonderful women and I am very proud. I have always loved having my family around me and she is missed but I am glad that she has moved out with wonderful friends and is enjoying herself.
Like any change, it is hard at first and then becomes the norm very quickly.