Crafters Challenge February 25th-March 3rd

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Hello My Crafty Friends!!!!!!!!

Sure was active people on the thread last week!

I am hoping to get material to make a curtain for Jaymees room when I shop for groceries today. Last time they didn't have enough and haven't been back to check. Room got painted gray so think I am going red. Her favorite color.

What are you hoping to do this week?

Happy Crafting!!!

Time will change and days are bound to being getting nicer so means outside time is a comin!!!!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

We are returning home tomorrow, so back to my more regular crafting. I think I will do some cross stitching before getting back to the felt stocking kit ... oh, and making some more felt food. In the studio, I should get started on the Easter dresses for Iris, Sonja and Julia ... oh, and some chenille pot holders for a friend (housewarming gift) ... oh, and some CCS and/or machine embroidery motifs for March and April cards (Easter and 7 birthdays) ... I'm sure there's more ...

Thursday, I'm going to a Sewing and Stitchery expo. Hope my new sewing machine table/cabinet arrives soon, but they say it's on back order. Shucks!

Hope everyone has a great crafting week!

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
DD & I made 16 2'x4' guinea pig mats plus 6 1.5'x2' pads last week. This week we need to make a dozen 2'x3' pads, and I would like to make some hidey holes & sleeping bags. Dgd wants to help, so she is getting sewing lessons as well.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
My craft area is under siege right now, unfortunately! I took down the greenery and white lights and winter type things I still had up in the house. Took down both of the huge wreaths that were still up in the large arch high up windows too. All of that stuff is just kind of sitting everywhere upstairs waiting to be put away - so will need to get that done before I can GET to my craft area!

I did but some additional craft supplies at JoAnn's on Saturday - got the paints I need to paint the eggs for my speckled egg wreath project. Other items I got were for making/using royal and flood icing on cookies - planning to try that for Easter as a way to practice for Christmas this year!

This week I am hoping to make some progress on the two wreaths I am making for DS's school auction in May! Both are in progress and arranged in kits, just need to spend time on them!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Went to knitting lady to continue the heels. Now I can go on for quite some time before getting to the toes. also bought new knitting needles so I can start another pair at the same time.
Started Charlie Brown felt ornaments.
Want to do a St-Patricks' day top-hat for the mantel but couldn't find green wool at the store near us. either I use up what I have (a little less dark green) or I go to the store near where I work tomorrow and get some.
Also got some paint... I'd like to paint a birdhouse like a gingerbread house... this will be a long-term project

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Im back... I have started a new crafty thing. Its called diamond painting. Seems to be very popular it the moment. Its basically sticking tiny beads onto a pre-designed pattern kind of like a cross stitch. Its easy to do but can get a bit fiddly. The small beads are shimmery and they kind of sparkle when they are finished.

They come in a kit form. I got mine from alliexpress. Luke is into all things Donald Duck and I was searching there for anything Donald I may have missed. This popped up and I thought Id give it a go. Its not really creative just following a pattern but so far its looking pretty good. When its finished Im going to frame it for him either for Christmas or his birthday.

There are literally hundreds of different pictures that you can do.

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
This looks like something the dgkids would enjoy. Me too.

When I looked up diamond painting on YouTube I saw guinea pig fleece snuggle sacks. I am going to make a couple of those today.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Been crocheting at lunch time. Just leaving bag there besides dragging it back and forth. Trying to get several crocheted up for Christmas and the 12 Days of Christmas I will put one in with each gift. I think.

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I ran out of fleece for guinea pig pads - I need to buy more. Hopefully another 8 yards will get it done, with enough left for piggy beds & hidey holes. The piggies love the snuggle sack - 3 more are cut out and ready to sew.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
UGH...no crafting progress to report! I DID however, get all the holiday storage cleaned up last night and the last of misc. items out of the crafting area!

I also went to JoAnn's and picked up some faux fur material that I will use tonight to make a Lorax "costume" for DH to wear to school tomorrow. They are supposed to dress as a character from Dr. Suess. Going to cut a mustache out and use elastic so he can wear it. Then I'll cut "eyebrows" and hot glue to the tops of a pair of fake glasses. I'll put in him in a plain orange Tshirt and some khacki's and call it a day! lol

My list of craft projects is growing too! I'm working on decor for the house for spring/summer - leaning heavily on farmhouse style. I picked up a wooden "&" at Target that I want to paint with a faux galvanized paint finish. I'm using white, black and galvanized metal tones on top of kitchen cabinets. Have a couple of milk cans from IKEA that I'm going to spraypaint chalkboard black - DH picked up primer and paint for me yesterday.

Also going to make faux cotton stems from cotton balls, pine cones and sticks from the yard - I have a tall metal bucket to put them in and then it can go up on a high shelf that needs something like that to finish it off. SO many ideas! So little time!

Reactions: luludou

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
AJ ~ I'm getting into the spring-dec mode, too. I set out some different placemats and decided to make a table topper to match. Got a picture posted on my blog.

I found some very pretty fabrics in the sale bin at Hobby Lobby yesterday, so I picked some that I think coordinate nicely and bought a yard of each for some kind of future quilt. I also bought some springy fabric for a table scarf for my outside deck table.

Sewing and Stitchery Expo today. It's a long drive. Hope to miss rush hour, since I have to drive through Bellevue or Seattle. I'm picking up a friend at 8:30, so hopefully most people will be at work by then. Traffic through either route is always heavy, though.

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I bought more fleece last night. 60% off plus 20% senior discount = I saved 40$. Dsil wants to use his dining room table, so I need to get this sewing project finished. Just a couple more days
...I hope.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Not too much has been happening here.
Hoping that now that the weather is cooling down I will be able to get a bit more done.
Hoping to tidy the craft room this weekend.
Tanya, will need to look at diamond painting.

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
By bedtime I will have 6 of 12 guinea pig pads finished. I am out of blanket-batting, so this project will be finished until I buy more.