Crafters Challenge March 25th-March 31st, 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
9 months from today and Christmas is here!

I have only purchased material this week for 2 dresses now. Went last night to get some fabric to make double folded bias (and I got the bias maker) for the Easter dress and got material for another dress. Can't find color I need so will make it.

Cute projects you all did last week.

What are you doing this week?

I need to pick out my CIJ ornament! Have it narrowed down to a few.

Happy Crafting!!!!!!

Reactions: luludou

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

One dress is done. One just needs the bottom back seam sewn under the zipper and the hem. The third needs the zipper, back seam, hem and hook and eye. For some reason, the zippers were a real struggle.

I purchased a really cute bag pattern that I might make little totes with out of the leftover dress fabric (not in time for Easter though). I also bought some yarn for another moebius scarf and two more small scissors. I don't know why I buy every small scissor they show us at seminars. I have rather a collection of them!

Once the Easter gifts are finished and mailed, I need to focus on upcoming April birthdays. I want to make some owl pencil toppers and/or hair clippies as party favors for Iris' birthday party in late April. I'm not sure what, if anything, for DD's early April birthday.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Still working on socks. Have printed out the patterns for the felt monkey & pucheen cats and put those in a ziploc with all the material needed to do them.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I’m making an amigurumi cat ...

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Easter mailing is done. I've posted some new pictures on my blog.

I think we will be working on taxes today, and I may have a crafting playdate with a friend tomorrow. Then need to get back to the Studio ... maybe even this afternoon if taxes go well (which never happens, but there's always hope).

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Oh, DJ the dresses are wonderful. I love the pattern and can certainly see why you chose a border print. Your granddaughters will love the dresses. As I read your post about a crafting playdate with a friend, I was wishing we lived near each other. I could learn so much from you. You are so talented.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Thank you Jody and others who have comment on my blog posts! Yes, it certainly would be wonderful to live close enough to have personal crafting playdates with our forum friends. I have met several friends from another forum I participate in, when they travel to our area or I to theirs. We had guests last summer from a forum friend who lives in New Zealand.

If anyone is headed towards the Pacific Northwest, please let me know!

I have also posted pictures of the chenille poppy potholders and coordinating dish towels, together with a housewarming card for our friends. I just finished those today.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Crafting playdates sound lovely! Have been focused on Easter prep this week, no crafting :( Planning to spend time on wreaths for auction this weekend as much as possible. Fingers crossed, I want to finish felt one if possible!

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
All the gp mats & pads are finished...finally! When Joann has fleece on sale again I'll buy more and get set to make another batch. Now I can move on to another unfinished project. I need to bind the edges of a quilt I made in the 90's.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I did some work around the house yesterday, but in the late afternoon, the studio was calling! I went in to see what it wanted. It wanted me to do some craftermath control by sewing up a piece of fabric from Julia's dress into a Bindle Bag:

http://www.connectingthreads.com/patterns/Bindle_Bag_Pattern__D56093.html

It's a pattern I got at the last Creative U seminar I went to. I plan to make them for Iris and Sonja too. I don't really have enough of each dress fabric for the bag, but will end up piecing it and adding some fabric from my SABLE. The fabric from Julia's dress looks rather like the lining (but the bag is reversible) and I had purchased other really cute fabric to use for something/someday, and ended up in the bag. I laid out the other two bags with fabric to be pieced together, so I kind of know what I'll be doing with those. I'll probably wait to post a picture till I have all three done.

The bag is so cute! I want to make one for myself, too. There are three sizes in the pattern, and I'm making the smallest one.

Reactions: GrammaDeb

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I've got the second bag done. I had to piece fabric together to be able to use what I had leftover from the Seattle skyline dress. Didn't make it easy. I have one more to do. I'd like to get it done today ... after making cake ... I did get some Easter eggs colored yesterday, too ... just for fun ...

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Have started finishing the blanket that I have been working on for months. Hope to have it finished this weekend.
Now that the blanket is nearly finished I will look through my tote of upcoming projects and see what to work on next.
I have had to pull cuffs off the bottom of new winter pj pants. The cuffs are too tight and dig into my leg so better that they go. Will need to bring out the sewing machine and hem the bottoms or they will fray.

Well done to you all on your beautiful Easter crafts, beautiful work.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
5E0F63BA-ADC3-4E30-B256-5A87DC87ED6E.jpeg Everyone is doing such creative things. I made a gift for DNiece25 ...