Crafters Challenge May 20th-May 26th, 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Wowza, another month getting ready to bite the dust!!!!

I am getting ready to go see my aunt so will take the srubbies to sew off the edges.

What are your plans this week?

Happy Crafting!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

My embroidery machine got a workout last week. I finished several ornaments and also some zip pouches. I want to make at least one more zip pouch for our eyeglass cleaning spray and rag in one of our vehicles. And I intend to put in some more hours on the Christmas stocking.

My friend, Kathy is back from a motorhome trip, so we’re planning a get-together this today.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Still knitting socks & reader's wrap. Have to varnish my painting too at some point.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Tomorrow we do the poured acrylic paint art. The paint section of Micheal's certainly expanded.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007

Ahorsesoul ~ I hope you will be able to show us the results of your poured paint art!

I've made one more zip pouch and have one more to make. For the last one, I'm going to get some fabric that I saw at JoAnns the other day. I didn't buy it because I didn't know what I would want to do with it. Sometimes I buy fabric just 'cause it jumps into my cart, not having a project in mind, but I then it just sits in my SABLE for years. With that in mind, I didn't buy any. Then, of course, yesterday, I thought of the perfect project to use it in, so I'm going back to get it today. I don't need much.

Well, I also ended up getting another sewing machine tote from JoAnns. Unlike the first one I bought, it has 4 wheels rather than just 2. It's surprising how much easer it is to move around, especially to turn it. I'm going to see if I can return the first one, but will understand if they do not want to refund, because I have already used it, and the wheels are just a bit roughed up from rolling over cement. I may be able to sell it on Craigslist though. My biggest problem is that I made my project tote to coordinate with the machine tote, and it doesn't look that great with my new one. The new one, though is rather neutral (black and white), but still ... I really like all matchy-mathcy, so may very well end up making another one. If I do, I would be able to make a couple small improvements on the design maybe. TFL I do have some fabulous fabric in mind (in my SABLE) if I make another project tote. I'll need to drag it out and see if I have enough of it.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Congrats on your new sewing machine, DJ!!!

I've made 4 cards for teacher and aides at DS's school for end of the year gifts. That is about it!

Hoping to continue work on felt food this week! And to make a graduation card!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Just ordered some crafting supplies from Amazon!

Planning on making a tree skirt for our main tree - just a simple circle design from red plaid fabric - which I'll get locally - but I ordered extra large white pom pom trim that I'll sew on the outside edge of the skirt!

Also making some ornaments for a friend this year out of mini embroidery hoops - and I ordered 1/2" white pom trim that I'll glue around the outside of the hoops.

Finally I ordered 20 yards of dark red burlap ribbon for a wreath - want to make 2 of them for my sister and a friend this year but am starting with enough for one and I'll see how it goes. I've tried to find this locally but even a small amount of what I need is crazy expensive!!!

Reactions: luludou

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I'd like to make a tree skirt too at some point. post pics when done

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

AJ ~ I was mentioning a sewing machine tote. I don't have a brand new sewing machine any more, although it's not that old. The tree skirt sounds very pretty.

I've posted a few more pictures on my blog. I think I'm caught up with everything for the moment.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DJ, your blog is always amazing. I am impressed by all that you do.

Finished the little CCS, now to find a frame and frame it up. I think I will put it in my mum's stocking.
I liked doing it so much that I think that I will do another one for myself.

Reactions: luludou

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Thank you, Katrina. And thank you Lana for your comment on my blog. It's great to have you online again!

I made one more zip bag yesterday, did some craftermath control, took pictures of some projects and got them posted on my blog, did a little brainstorming on what crafts to take to the lake (we depart today), and made good headway on the Christmas stocking. I'm to the point on the stocking of sewing the front to the back, then have some snowflakes to embroidery, the name to figure out how to do, then it will be done ... so very close to the end.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Not craft today but am cleaning out the craft cupboard. Oh what a job.