July 2018 declutter club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
DS moved in with his girlfriend last weekend, so dh brought him the old bbq-grill this morning. He also took a few bbq ustensiles.
Another pair of shoes in the donation bag for dniece.

I hope to get rid of a few things during our 2nd week of vacation

Reactions: Minta

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
July and August are quiet times for me when it comes to cleaning and decluttering the house. It is cold and I am concentrating on other things.
September is Spring and my decluttering/cleaning ramps up a notch.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
We are on vacation the 2nd half of this week and all of next week. I will be taking a day or 2 next week to get all the stuff together that were going to have a yard sale with and just donate it all. I am not going to have time for yard sale and I just want the stuff out of the house/garage/shed. I think next week will be a good time for the kids to go through all of their clothes and purge out what doesn't fit and what they don't want. Some of their clothes will be passed down to younger cousins and the rest will go into donation pile.

Reactions: luludou

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
We are on vacation the 2nd half of this week and all of next week. I will be taking a day or 2 next week to get all the stuff together that were going to have a yard sale with and just donate it all. I am not going to have time for yard sale and I just want the stuff out of the house/garage/shed. I think next week will be a good time for the kids to go through all of their clothes and purge out what doesn't fit and what they don't want. Some of their clothes will be passed down to younger cousins and the rest will go into donation pile.
Honestly sometimes yard sales are just not worth the trouble. I hate to put things out and have people nickel and dime me to death even though I think I've priced things very reasonably because I want to get rid of them. I bundled up our purged items and took them to the consignment shop - if they sell, I get a small fee and if not after a certain time period, they turn into a donation and if someone buys them then, the shop keeps the money and it all goes to charity. Win win.

Reactions: Minta and Lana

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Today was OTRD - one thing a room declutter.
In my bedroom - a cami
Office - Christmas chandelier
Bathroom - some pills
Kitchenette - a plastic glass
Kitchen - a candle
Nothing in the LR as there is not much in there anyways.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Good work Lana, every little bit sorted is a great help.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I started working on cleaning out my closet. I've been trying on everything, not just looking at it to see if I like it and want to keep it. The consignment shop will start taking clothes in about two weeks and I want to have things ready to drop off.

Reactions: sweetpumkinpye

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I got rid of 1 pj top and 1 coat yesterday. dh declutter his catch-all basket yesterday.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Rose94. Good luck with the decluttering. It made all the difference to our home when I did a major declutter about 3 years ago. Much simpler life now.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
got rid of one bouquet of silk flowers (kept the beautiful pot), 1 shoe of ds's (don't ask! he lost the other), 1 pair of capris

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lucie, lol. Boys will be boys.

Reactions: luludou