July 2018 Rudolph Day

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
It's the three day warning for July Rudolph Day! Missjane chose A Charlie Brown Christmas as this month's movie and the CIJ Ornament Swap participants will be revealing their ornaments (as long as everyone has received their package) so stay tuned for all the fun right here. We're winding down Christmas in July, it's been a wonderful month of great ideas, the Holiday Grand Plan and House and Holidays Plan details are up, and the weeks are flying by.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
love that movie watch it all year though . will watch it again. look fwd to the grand plan and the hah plan

Reactions: PamelaG

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Will be posting wrapping party days for 2018 so stay tuned for that.

I have a few things that I want to do this Rudy Day. Frame some craft items that I want to give as gifts, watch a movie, drink some hot chocolate. It is going to be a great day.

Reactions: housewife2

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Hi, everyone!

I'm so glad Pamela posted a reminder over in chit chat that I'm the host this month, because I surely thought I had signed up for August!!! :eek:o_O

I thought you might want to read a little of the history behind it. I never knew the part about it's sponsorship or that it was written and animated in such a short time period. Hope watching it makes you happy! :D It's my all-time favorite.

https://www.coca-colacompany.com/stories/the-secret-history-of-charlie-browns-christmas

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Hi, everyone!

I'm so glad Pamela posted a reminder over in chit chat that I'm the host this month, because I surely thought I had signed up for August!!! :eek:o_O

I thought you might want to read a little of the history behind it. I never knew the part about it's sponsorship or that it was written and animated in such a short time period. Hope watching it makes you happy! :D It's my all-time favorite.

https://www.coca-colacompany.com/stories/the-secret-history-of-charlie-browns-christmas
Thanks for the link. I'm saving this for my December Daily album. When I watch the movie again, I'll be able to add some of these details.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Thanks for the warning! I think we have that movie, I'll have to check. I plan to do some serious brain storming about what to get my husband. Usually by this time I at least know what even if it's not been purchased. This year I am clueless.
Can't wait for the wrapping party days!!!

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Thanks for the warning! I think we have that movie, I'll have to check. I plan to do some serious brain storming about what to get my husband. Usually by this time I at least know what even if it's not been purchased. This year I am clueless.
Can't wait for the wrapping party days!!!
Check out Pinterest - Gift for Men or Shopping for Men, something like that. There are lots of lists there and something might pop out at you that would work. I know, they are hopeless, I have to follow my husband around in Home Depot and make mental notes of things of spends a lot of time checking out.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Myron's Mom, so glad I'm not the only one who comes up clueless about gifts for DH. DH doesn't have hobbies, so it's so hard!

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
If you want to watch more Christmas movies Hallmark Now is doing movies this week. https://www.hmnow.com/
Rooftop Christmas will make you cry. So many of them that I enjoyed.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Just to let you know that I have posted Christmas Wrapping Party dates!!
Look for the thread in the Christmas Countdown section.