Fall 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
bought a couple fake little pumpkins 2 fall-with pumpkins placemats and a set of pumpkin plates fron the christmas tree store today after work. they had all their summer toys 50% off . got my grandson a pool its 10 feet long for next year. will go back next week and get some glasses with the fall -pumpkin s on them

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
The gift shop where I volunteer has the most gorgeous velvet pumpkins - we don't have our fall merchandise out yet but they were in the stock room. Will try to remember to take a photo. They are almost like a velvet/velour texture and the fabric is folded to simulate the pumpkin shape, so cute.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I received the Michaels Craft Store ad this week. They had soft muted fall colors in their display. I thought that was a nice way for the idea of fall to enter the homes of those who aren't ready for the end of summer.

upload_2018-8-12_12-53-37.png

Reactions: missjane

angelpugs

MHH Member
Oct 2, 2009
north adams ma.
As 've gotten alot fall craft things at dollar tree and i got a few rolls of red and brown burlap along with alot of the fall fake flowers and some cute pumpkins.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I went to Walmart this morning and they have some really cute Fall things this year. I was in a hurry and didn't have time to browse.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I've been wanting to get out to Hobby Lobby but I know I'll just spend money so I've been staying away! lol

Was upstairs last night and took a moment to just look at all my pretty fall things - started to get that little thrill! :) I see some Pinterest browsing in my future!

Cathymac2

Premiere Member
Aug 8, 2013
Arkansas
I am getting so anxious to decorate for fall. I did put my tiny terra cotta pumpkin that I got in a bag of potpourri for a wedding gift 20 years ago out on the counter in the kitchen yesterday. It’s always the first thing I put out! Just a little early reminder that fall is coming soon!

Reactions: AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I restrain myself until the first week of HGP - then I at LEAST put up the fall wreath on the front door. Usually put up the rest of the fall decor the first full week of September....can't wait!!!!

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
i couldnt resist today was rainy and didnt go out much. i decorated my dining room table for fall. i have fake pumpkins and some fall flowers- leaves around . have my fall tablecloth on and set my pumpkin plates out. brought out my apple crisp candle.. also the owl orange cookie jar to store my sweets for my grandson. cant wait to do the living room but will wait till end of month maybe lol

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
If it brings you joy, then now is the time to start putting it out!!! :)

If our schedule wasn't so hectic (first day of school today, etc.) then I would probably be doing something similar - as it is I am looking forward to this weekend - I may break out the fall wreath for the front door at the very least.

Reactions: housewife2

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Go for it, HW2! I'd be counting the days until September 1 because that's when I start putting things here and there but it's not going to happen this year so I'll be decorating and enjoying the season through all of you!

I am looking forward to my first Pumpkin Spice Latte - wish Starbucks would hurry up and post the release date. Update: Just found it - August 28!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I went into my local Hallmark store and they had pumpkins and acorns out on display. :D

My decorations will probably come out at the end of September when back to school, birthdays and our community festival is finished.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Walked out the door this morning to take DS to school and it was CHILLY! DH said he could feel fall coming! He wasn't saying it in a good way but it made me happy! :)

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
yes it was 57 when i left at 5 this morning loved it. i had a pumpkin spice tea

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Well I am a goof! I thought there was a fall thread started already but when I looked I didn't see this and started another one...:eek:

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I finally took down summer stuff today but didn't get to decorating for fall yet. I'll get busy next week.
The grocery store has tons of pumpkin spice everything here.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
i saw pumpkins outside at kroger yesterday but i didnt get one yet