Wrapping Party 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Here we go with the wrapping party dates for 2018.
Pop the dates in your planners and I will remind us all a few days ahead.
As in past years this is just a guide and of course you can change the dates to suit yourself. The idea is to make life just that little bit easier for ourselves.
If you don't have any thing to wrap just yet, maybe use the dates to do some planning, some prep or just enjoy the lead up to Christmas......

SATURDAY August 18th.....let's get started

SUNDAY September 23rd

THURSDAY October 25th........ Rudy Day and 2 months to go

SATURDAY November 10th

SATURDAY November 24th &
SUNDAY November 25th..........Rudy Day and 1 month to go

FRIDAY December 7th &
SATURDAY December 8th...............Don't give up, we are nearly there!

TUESDAY December 18th...............One week to go!!!!

Well done everyone!!! Let's relax and enjoy our hard work.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Got them in the calendar!

Reactions: sweetpumkinpye

Cathymac2

Premiere Member
Aug 8, 2013
Arkansas
Got them down! I doubt i’ll actually wrap until November because it’s easier to hide unwrapped things! And yes my kids are big but still snoop!
But I’ll check in with ya’ll anyway. I hate to miss a party!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Cathymac, my kids (and DH) are still snoopers too.

Reactions: Cathymac2

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Lol! No snoopers here but I keep stuff hidden anyways habit I guess. I have to be careful with the pictures on my phone though since I photograph everything. That way I know exactly what I have already bought.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Myron's Mom, it is a good idea to take photos on your phone. Do you put the photos into folders for each person?

Reactions: PamelaG

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Myron's Mom, it is a good idea to take photos on your phone. Do you put the photos into folders for each person?

Yes I do. Makes it so much easier to find when I'm shopping. I also keep lists on my phone as to what I've already bought and what I'm looking for. Since I pretty much always have my phone I also will make a note right away if someone says something in a conversation that sparks an idea for me. I tend to forget things so I am a chronic note taker and list maker :rolleyes:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Yes I do. Makes it so much easier to find when I'm shopping. I also keep lists on my phone as to what I've already bought and what I'm looking for. Since I pretty much always have my phone I also will make a note right away if someone says something in a conversation that sparks an idea for me. I tend to forget things so I am a chronic note taker and list maker :rolleyes:
Perfect, maybe something that I can adopt. TFS.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I most likely will start wrapping in October. I may not get to it on those days but will aim for near those dates. Thanks for setting this up.

Reactions: sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mary, no problem in setting up the dates. I am keen to get started.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
A reminder!!!
The first wrapping party date for this year is this coming Saturday 18th August.

Don't worry if you don't have anything to wrap at this stage. Maybe put aside some time to think about what gifts to buy. Maybe sort through a Christmas tote or look at a new recipe that you may want to try.
Anything to get us in the Christmas Spirit!!!!!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I am going to try and get wrapping supplies pulled out and accessible and if possible start wrapping my stash of home crafted gifts, the ornaments I've made so far, etc. There are a handful of other purchased things that I could start on too...we'll see how far I get!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I don't have items to wrap just yet. I think I will inventory my gift wrapping basket to see what I have for tape, colored pens, colored Sharpies, gift tags, etc. With back to school sales happening here, this would be a good time for me to take advantage of them.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I know I need tape...always need tape...can't keep up with tape....:confused:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Tape! I hate not to be able to find the tape or the scissors. I now have tape dispensers on all three floors along with scissors. I also keep tape and scissors in the wrapping paper holder. I buy tape refills in the 24 size box. lol

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Well, I didn't get very far :( Ended up spending my extra time crafting instead of organizing wrapping supplies. I did confirm that I have a large supply of tape, however! lol

Reactions: missjane

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I'll wrap in the next wrapping party. 90% finished getting the stocking stuffers so that'll be a wrap next time.