Crafters Challenge August 12th----August 18th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Hello My MHH Friends!

Once again so many of you were busy busy crafting away!

This week I would like to make some burp rags and washcloths for a baby shower that is on Saturday.

I have 7 shirts to hem for a guy. He asked if I would do 3 and when he brought them to the bank there was 7. Doesn't matter once you get going. He wants like 4" off. I like to use the hem that is there and just rolled it or try to but not sure with that much to go up. Seems I get it even and such without cutting and taking it up.

What is on your crafting list?

Have a GREAT crafting week!!!!!

Reactions: AuntJamelle

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I want to sew a machine embroidery Minnie Mouse on a shirt for Julia before she leaves on Wednesday. I may be doing a little more sewing with Iris to teach her to make coasters. After everyone leaves, the field is open. I have a new list of things my DDs would like me to make for them.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I'm in the home stretch on felt food play things for my friends little girl - her birthday is Sept 6th. Cut out and started sewing two "loaves of bread" yesterday. Also made the pom pom and stem for first broccoli floret - need to stuff and glue and then make 4 more.

Ordered candle color and scent for pinecone firestarter project - that should be here soon. Planning on doing a bunch of those for 3 different gifts this year.

This week I'll focus on felt food and felt ornaments though. It's going to be busy - DH is having surgery on Thursday, martial arts class and back to school open house for DS, dr appt and dentist cleaning for me, coming into work early a few days to make up for lost time, it's going to be nuts! Ugh!

Reactions: luludou

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I won't be home much this week, but I really want to crochet. My 20-year-old project is lace for pillowcases - a very old family pattern. My mother-in-law, before she passed away, made me promise to make a set for each of my kids - my oldest dd got hers when she turned 18. That was in '91 - I have 4 more sets to make, including sewing & embroidering the pillowcases. The lace is filet crochet, 6" wide, and made of size 30 crochet thread. It would be so awesome to get them done this decade.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
GrammaDeb would love to see a pic of the design. I've always wanted to do lace for pillowcases

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
My maternal grandmother used to crochet yards and yards of lacy things - a lot of doilies of course but there were other things too...I have never attempted it but those that can do it have my complete admiration!!!

Put in a good couple of hours on felt food project last night - won't take much to finish up the "loaves" of bread next time I pick them up.

I also had an epiphany about a wreath project I have planned as a gift for two people this year. The picture I found online that I am using for inspiration used dark red burlap for the wreath itself and then a bow made of natural colored burlap ribbon embroidered in a stem and berries pattern.

I've looked and looked and could not find ribbon like that anywhere.

It finally occurred to me to just buy plain burlap ribbon and embroider it myself. It will take a bit to do, but the pattern is simple and I can work on it while we are watching TV in the evenings. Excited to start that soon!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
AJ ~ That wreath sounds like it would be beautiful and worth the extra effort.

GrammaDeb ~ Here's a picture of some lace I put on pillowcases. I did this in 2013. I love the pillowcases but haven't put lace on any others.

Attachments

• DSCN3398-2.JPG
    DSCN3398-2.JPG
    183.2 KB · Views: 9

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
The lace work is beautiful.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Beautiful lacework.
I do a knitted "lace" edge that I have used on pillow cases in the past. I will try and find a photo. It is very easy quite quick to make up.

This week for me is to continue the CCS mittens. Have finished on and am half way through the 2nd.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Beautiful lacework.
I do a knitted "lace" edge that I have used on pillow cases in the past. I will try and find a photo. It is very easy quite quick to make up.
I would love to see it. I might do more of them if they were quick and easy. I think they would make nice wedding gifts for one thing.

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
DD - Thank you for the picture. I think I will not be embroidering pillowcases - I love the way yours look. Love the lace too - very beautiful.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Pillowcases with lace are beautiful. I have a set that my grandmother made. They have a lady embroidered on them from waist up. The skirt area is cut out of the pillowcase and than crochet back in. The skirt pattern goes down into crochet lace and becomes part of the lace crochet around the edge of the pillowcases.

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I just counted the # of snowflakes I need. I still need to make 20 more. If I make one a day, it's just 2 more months. And I can still crochet my lace. Yay!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Finished the two "loaves" of felt bread last night! One more thing crossed off the list! Tonight is grocery shopping but hope to pick up the snowmen felt ornaments when I sit down for the night! Or embroidering the burlap ribbon - either is easy to hand right now!

Hoping to work on squaring off fleece for blankets this weekend and cutting/tying the fringe - I've got all the applique pieces ready to apply once blankets themselves are ready but the fringe is a big job...

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Finished 2 of the 3 felt snowmen ornaments last night, in the home stretch on the 3rd.

Have prepped the pattern for printing on a new project I decided on at the last minute for my friend's little girl who has a birthday in a few weeks. It is a unicorn softie - super simple but super cute. I picked out all the felt last night and I'm good to go to cut it out as soon as I get a chance!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
image.jpg