HGP-- Porch/List Week 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

cmerth

Premiere Member
Dec 19, 2007
thetilteditalian.com
I have started!!! I swept off both of my porches. Good-bye spider webs!! I trimmed back the mint plants and then (gasp) I repainted the front porch. My teen son said that it looked tons better... then it must. :)

My plan of attack is to work on one list per day starting tomorrow-- gift lists, menus...

I am off and running. Now to keep up the momentum. I still have some cleaning to do on the porches but at least the worst clean up is done. I might re-paint the back door as well. Decisions. Decisions.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
WTG Carrie!

I won't do porch until later--when putting up fall decorations.

I am also going to attempt a plan but will be kinda my own. List(s) will also be at the top.

I went thru the tote of items I have for The Christmas Shoebox Operation this a.m. and have just 3 or 4 things to pick up and then will be ready. Will get the money put back for the postage for them. We each were going to do one and that would make 5 and there is 6 age groups so did another one.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Porches are well on their way. Spray painted the cafe table and washed down the chairs.
Windows will need some cleaning this week and a few touch ups of paint.
Have scheduled Sunday's to maintain porches and yards as we work through the plan.

Binder is put together and ready!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Too early for porches and outdoor cleaning for us. will have to get done end of september or early October, as well as windows.
Working on gifts - handmade and buying the others

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Jumped in and got started with a bang yesterday! Despite being outside feeling like inhabiting a wet sponge - YUCK!

I'll buy stocking stuffer(s) and items from Master Grocery List on Wed night when I go to the stores. Will have to figure out when to go buy the new white LED lights for fall decor - might be Wed night as well.

Planning to try and continue work on windows during the other evenings. Even if I do one window a night that will be something! Anything I can do to get a jump on Living Room week will be helpful - especially since the room will be in some disorder due to DH starting project to put in our fireplace - so excited!!!!!

Wk of Aug 26th – Front Porch

[X] Sweep down cobwebs
[X] Clean outside of windows
[X] Clean screens if needed (N/A this year)
[X] Clean porch lights
[X] Clean front of door, polish, clean inside door frame, etc.
[X] Sweep porch and steps, vacuum rug
[X] Wipe down iron porch railings
[X] Put up fall wreath
[X] Clean up front flower beds (deadhead, etc.)
[X] Weed sidewalk
[X] If possible, clean inside of front windows in both bedrooms
[ ] If possible, get jumpstart on living room windows too

Here is a shot of the finished area! Notice the pretty new wishing well DH built for DS! :) Copper leafing on the roof!

upload_2018-8-27_8-51-25.png

Holiday Prep:

[In Progress] Gifts to Give (Continue work on Christmas Gift list already underway)
[ ] Christmas Card List updated
[X] Parties to host Planning Documents
[X] Menus for all holidays, parties, etc.
[X] 2018 Baking List, including food gifts
[X] Make Ahead Meals 2018
[X] Long Term Shopping List divided into Non-Perishable and Perishable
[X] Update Google calendar for rest of year
[X] Master Craft List
[ ] Buy extra grocery items from non-perishable part of Master Grocery List
[ ] Review DS’s toys and target items to be donated
[X] Setup manilla envelope to hold gift receipts and determine location
[ ] Buy at least 1 stocking stuffer
[ ] 2018 ONLY *** Purchase warm white LED lights for Fall decor - and for upcoming Chr decor ***

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Dh started with putting a new coat of stain on the back deck. I took out the leaf blower to clean off the front porch. Next time we have the power washer out I'll clean the front porch rug.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
You have all made a terrific start, I am itching to get going.
AJ, your house is gorgeous and I am having wishing well envy.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
AJ you have a beautiful house! Your DH built a beautiful well.
Everyone is doing great! Every little bit counts :)

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
my son cleaned my porch hes so nice i cant take the heat. i did my kitchen took the blinds down and cleaned them windows ceilings on top of the cabinets cleaned the top part of stove just did oven last week. now my kitchen is clean. im going to get a exhaust fan tired of the grease build up and frying smells. im tired now

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Have yet to start my list but have printed off the pages to make my list and marked on calendar in pencil the room weeks as they are listed. Will be changing them out as I decide which room I will do each week.

They shown up Monday and took my front step and sidewalk out. Yesterday they put the forms in to pour new ones and there they sit. Hopefully today or at the latest tomorrow they do the pouring. They do so many steps etc before calling in the truck and with us in a heat wave— feeling like 40C it’s slow going.

Reactions: cmerth

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I am waiting until next month to do the front porch. Way to hot right now plus I want to repaint the front door before we start decorating for fall and Halloween.

Reactions: cmerth

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My front porch will be done in a few weeks when I will also look at the back patio.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I hosed off the front porch floor. I think I need to wash down the siding too.