HGP-- Porch/List Week 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Update:

Holiday Prep:

[X] Buy extra grocery items from non-perishable part of Master Grocery List - Bought several things off my list last night!

[X] Buy at least 1 stocking stuffer - Got a magnetic putty set for DS!

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Looks like I will be cleaning the porch area after all and than do it again for its final cleaning in October.
They poured the new step and sidewalk this morning. Opened the front door to take a look and found my front door, it’s side window, light fixture etc just covered in dust. Small area so it will not take long and the new strep etc really look nice. Will be nice to get up tomorrow and use my front door again.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Rose, a new porch, how exciting.
I have a very small front porch and do not set aside specific time for cleaning it. It add to when I clean the front entrance way.

Cathymac2

Premiere Member
Aug 8, 2013
Arkansas
Tomorrow, it's on! I have been busy so I haven't accomplished much of anything. Hopefully I can fix that tomorrow.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Rose, a new porch, how exciting.
I have a very small front porch and do not set aside specific time for cleaning it. It add to when I clean the front entrance way.

My front porch is small as well. Wide enough to stand on while opening the door and not very long— just the width of the door, side window and their frames. With all the rain, blowing leaves etc I usually wait till thanksgiving weekend to give it a deep clean. Just needed a extra one this year. Will get another cleaning in October.

Has been cleaned and flower pots put back. Looks nice.

Reactions: cmerth

Twink

MHH Member
Jul 22, 2015
Haven't done too much either. About all I've done is sweep front and back decks (front deck is large, back deck is small) and swept down the cobwebs. Dead-headed the flowers but we had hail last night and now they all look bad again. Going to leave the painting projects until after we get the new roof, whenever that may be. Now it's off to the living room and more lists!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Rose, bet you it does look nice. I would love to have a porch. We have an inset that is probably like 12 or 14" long (from alittle past front door to the end of front room) I have a few flower pots on it and a goose. With the new window we put in a few years ago it comes out so cant sat all the way along it. Not with chairs just butt.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
My front porch is done and stays pretty clean since we don't really get much "weather" here. Not much to do there but since we had to remove everything for the hurricane last weekend, it got swept and everything before we put everything back out. I would love new cushions for my chairs but that's just not in the budget right now.

I need to go look at the other items and start making lists.