Gift closet 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

jollykelly

Premiere Member
Feb 22, 2015
Lehigh Valley, Pa
I have been MIA for a bit, just some life stuff and some travels. I am back and so impressed with the progress everyone has been making. I am not behind by any means and have been picking up things as I go. What I am behind in is listing it all and wrapping. Off I go......

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I hear you Kelly! I've been thinking I really need to start wrapping too!!!

Picked up two tank tops for a craft/gift yesterday! They were 2 for $14 at Target :)

Reactions: Minta

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I took a formal inventory today to get an idea of what I have. I just about have my daughters 24 advent gifts purchased, other than the holiday stuff I add last minute, so that's good. Gifts I have a few here and there for some people, but not a ton. That's normal though. I will be doing alot of black friday weekends shopping online.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Doing OK here too. Got DH some track pants today. I didn't think he needed any but he wrote them on his wish list so that is good.
Another wrapping party coming up soon. I need to tidy up, there is stuff everywhere.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Stopped into TJ Maxx last night and got several things:

Tri Colored Pasta $3.99 and jar of Roasted Red Peppers $3.99 for Italian gift basket
Two Cookie Spatualas for baking gift baskets $4.99 each
Honeycrisp Bar of Soap $3.99 for stocking stuffer
Grapefruit Makeup Removal Wipes, Two packs for $3.99 total - will break up into two stocking stuffers
Orange Hempseed Body Lotion $5.99 for stock stuffer

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Picked up a largish notebook on lunch that has a pineapple design which I think will match or at least coordinate with the smaller one I bought recently for a gift. This will make it into more of a gift set. Grabbed a pineapple pattern piece of scrapbook paper that I will use when I decorate the inside of the covers.

Used my 40% off coupon so it was only $1.20 :)

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Grapefruit Makeup Removal Wipes, Two packs for $3.99 total - will break up into two stocking stuffer

I was spending small fortune on make up wipes for my daughter and then I found reusable makeup wipes and my daughter LOVES them. She said they remove the make up better and is easier to use on her skin. I have found them at the check out lanes at Forever 21 and I think I found them at one of the Targets stores near me. I think I paid either $2.99 or $3.99 for the last one

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Got DS his "big gift" today. DH suggested that we get him a GoPro. I found something very similar in the electronics shop that I think will work.
Also got DD Season 2 of "This is Us" on DVD.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Got several things for gift baskets!

Jar of breschetta topping and another bottle of olive oil for Italian Gift baskets.

And 3 boxes of microwave popcorn for movie baskets...

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
went to the mall got a jacket and 2 shirts for my grandson. got myself a jacket, and got a gc from nordstorms. thats all for now save some more money up

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
So I don't know if this counts, but my grocery store had cereal on sale for .99 cents. It's sugar cereal which I never fed my kid, but since she got married her hubby eats it. So I bought some to stock up in the house when he visits and also some to wrap for fun for one of his advent gifts. I've also been scoping out Pioneer Woman products going on clearance, so I bought a whole towel and potholder set in a color I think my friend will really like. She likes Pioneer Woman products, but her husband is a little to controlling about foofoo stuff in the house, so it's a mix of Fall colors and I think it will make her happy and be a good happy medium for their color choices.

I did some undercover work last night too when I went to the mall with my husband last night. He's the hardest one in my life to buy for and last night when we were at the mall he pointed out a few things he thought were "really cool". Have no doubt, I will be going back. When he says he likes something I take note, because I never know what to get him!?

On that same note, but daughter has been dropping lots of hints as well so I'm keeping track of those too.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Michelle, my DH is hardest to buy for as well. I too have to keep an ear out and do sneaky shopping when I can.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I'm in the same boat here with my husband. He needs to give me a list!

For my son I picked up a set of Lock n Lock from QVC ( and a set for me!). Hand soaps from bath and body. And some laundry soap ( good sale). I need to concentrate on the " grocery" part of his list now and he will be done.

I should pull out everything and double check my list. I haven't done that in awhile.

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Our Walmart had a HUGE clearance sale. I was able to get a bunch of good quality wooden Melissa and Doug toys for DD3 for only $3 each....ones that would normally be about $18. I was also able to pick up a little set for making gummy bugs for only $1.50 that was normally about $8. Great stocking stuffer :) Also got a Caboodles case ( I didn't know they still made those!) half price for DD2. They had a bunch of $25 Lego sets for $9, and I had a bunch in hand...but then I put them back. We really don't need anymore Classic Lego right now.....and someone else might be on a tight budget and be happy to find them.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
It's the season for wal marts to do huge resets. I've been watching out and bought a ton of stuff for myself, but no Melissa and Doug toys. Dang, that would mark some gifts of the list for my grand kids.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Did some organizing of the gift closet this weekend - have all Italian gift basket items grouped together now. Baking gift baskets as well. Put stocking stuffers I've recently purchased into their respective person's bag I've got started. Still looking for two Pioneer Woman wooden spoons I bought and CANNOT locate. So frustrating!

Oh and I got a round Wilton comfort grip cookie cutter for $0.99 at JoAnn's - I said "Damage" but it looked perfectly fine to me! I'll take it! Into the baking basket box it goes!

Also got a Ginger Pear hand soap to match the lotion I bought recently. The two together will make a nice teacher aide gift. Will get them a $10 gift card to go with.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Auntjamelle...I told my husband last night about you. You are a Christmas Machine!!! hahaha.... You are awesome at organizing and executing a plan.